Sims 4 houses keep disappearing

by MeganRoseOshea

Original Post

Re: Island Living Invisible House!

★ Apprentice

Any community lots that I built or are currently building are still visible from the map, no matter which families I play so I think it's only residences that disappear when I'm not playing that family. 

Message 381 of 557 (1,434 Views)

Lots are not appearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When visiting a lot even when going through the Portal in the magic expansion pack. Houses are not appearing on lots. They appear in map view but not when visited
What happens when the bug occurs? No houses or community lots appearing
What do you expect to see? Lots where they should be
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest September patch

Non of the lots are appearing when visited. Even when going through the portal for realm of magic the lots aren't there. They appear in map view but when a sim goes to a lot nothing is there. 

• Cc has been removed and still having this issue. 
Message 382 of 557 (1,362 Views)

Re: Lots are not appearing

Hero
@Jeannam08 I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Do you happen to have a save from before they start disappearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 383 of 557 (1,342 Views)

Sims 4 houses keep disappearing

★★ Novice

Hi, I've been having this problem for a while where my sims houses keep disappearing. I've usually managed to fix it by restoring an old save but its not working anymore its every time I load up the game so I'm constantly having to restore old backups and lose progress. When I load up the map my houses have been replaced by the original sims houses (even apartments) and when you load the lot up its completely empty. I use mods but I've even tried to start a game without them and the same thing happens I've also tried repairing my game and it doesn't do anything.

Message 384 of 557 (1,330 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

@MeganRoseOshea  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.

This is still unsolved, but it is being investigated.  It would be great if you could upload an affected save or two for the Sims team to check out.  As stated in the first post, you can link the upload(s) here and tag SimQARobo (like I tagged you), or you can PM SimQARobo the link(s) to wherever you uploaded.  Instructions on how to do so are linked here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/7678908#M99594

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 385 of 557 (1,307 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks @puzzlezaddict Standard smile

@MeganRoseOshea, as puzzlezaddict mentioned, a save game in which the houses haven't disappeared yet would be helpful! You mention you have backups of save games in which the issue hasn't appeared yet, but houses eventually disappear when playing in those saves - would you share those with us?

Message 386 of 557 (1,267 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this issue for a long time, I've never posted because I saw this was an unfixed bug and a combination of restoring my game, restarting my laptop and repairing Sims obsessively works eventually.

At this point I've removed all the mods and reinstalled the game, and it still did happen eventually. 

I do have CC, but I managed to get a save before it broke. I thought it was adding lots from the Gallery that did it, but now I'm fairly sure it happens when I visit a lot that was placed from the Gallery, then go to an apartment building.

Here's a link to the archived save:

https://we.tl/t-Lv1Tr0AAm2

Hope it helps get this solved, even though it's a CC heavy save.

Message 387 of 557 (1,190 Views)

Hero
@mademoisellefee Could you please either upload to google drive or one drive ? It's the only sources QA can take links from.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 388 of 557 (1,184 Views)

Houses Disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? fitness stuff, cats and dogs, city living, island living, seasons, vintage glamour stuff, movie hangout stuff, Moschino stuff pack, laundry day stuff, perfect patio stuff, dine out, my first pet, backyard stuff, get famous, get to work, parenthood, cool kitchen, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, spa day, holiday celebration, get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? my houses on all of my lots in the world have disappeared
What do you expect to see? my houses
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my houses are just gone. i have 11 played households in newcrest so i have 11 different house. i opened my game and all of the 11 houses are just gone. and when i tell the sim to go home it just goes to the lot and theres no house on the lot 

Message 389 of 557 (1,039 Views)

Re: Houses Disappearing

Hero
@kaycib I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Do you happen to have a save from before they start disappearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 390 of 557 (1,008 Views)