Re: sims 4 get to work buildings not there

by BernhardinaH

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

Hero

Try going to build mode from the map to see if your house still shows up there.

If it does, save it to your library and re-place from there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 557 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?

None at all.

Do you download houses from the Gallery ?

Yes, but those ones appear to have been unaffected so far.

Which expansion do you have ?

Get To Work + Get Together

What's your operating system ?

Windows 10

Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?

All of the above categories - so far one of each. It put me off travelling, so I haven't done much exploring since...

When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?

On load.

Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?

Literally just the lot. I went to work in the science lab and saw the flat lot bug for the first time - everyone was just standing around playing on their phones with no work to do...

How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?

I could still download the internet.

Anything else that comes to mind ?

Pre-patch: fine. New patch: bye bye lots! Weirdly (and inconveniently) only my active save has been affected... so far...

Message 132 of 557 (522 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Could you also check if they are still there if you go to build mode directly from the map ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 133 of 557 (510 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silverwind135 Your computer has some Windows 10 update issues. One of the updates may solve the problem. The integrated video chip is not supported.The minimum requirement is 128mb of video ram and yours has 64mb.

Message 134 of 557 (507 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silverwind135 Games may play on systems that don't meet minimum requirements but may stop working at any time.

Message 135 of 557 (507 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jezzika123 &.31Gb of free space on your system drive IS definitely a big problem.

Message 136 of 557 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BernhardinaH The very first BIG problem is your video driver is WAY out of date. Second 22.2Gb of free space on your system drive is very small and may cause problems at times. That is way below the recommended.

Message 137 of 557 (501 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is a general heads up for windows users in this thread. Windows 7 general support is over. Win 7 is now on extended support. Everyone can upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8 is nothing (that's like in FREE) until July 29, 2016. Windows 7 users should really consider this and to Windows 8 users, Windows 10 is everything Windows 8 should have been.

Message 138 of 557 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@roberta591This issue is not connected to any OS. It happens on all systems, even seen mac ones. 

I still happily use Win 7 and don't intend to change to Win 10 as long as I don't have to. This issue is not related to Windows 7.

I appreciate you wanting to help out but I'd rather not have this thread derailed about other issues. 

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 139 of 557 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info. I have tried to free some space, but with no luck. I honestly don't know what's taking up so much space on my system drive. Frown

Message 140 of 557 (480 Views)