Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

by BernhardinaH

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

are there two saves??

and yep the family isnt moved in.

Missing - the dont disappear until I save so I can't check.. 

I think im gonna try and reinstall it again.. I think maybe it happened because i forgot to delete files before i reinstalled maybe?

Message 111 of 557 (856 Views)

Hero

I'll try again if it's the one where no one is moved in. I've tried the other

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 557 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hey, i uninstalled and reinstall completely again(without expansions).. it saved but the houses still disappeared- so i think im going to give up playing The Sims on my laptop.. Thank you so much

Message 113 of 557 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me yesterday an I haven't been able to play the game since. Every lot I go to is completely empty. I have tried everything by now and nothing helps!

• Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?

No. When a patch deleted all my mods last year I never re-installed them.

• Do you download houses from the Gallery ?

Yes, all the time.

• Which expansion do you have ?

Every one except for the Spa game pack. The latest one I installed is Get Together.

• What's your operating system ?

Windows 7.

• Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?

All of them. Every time I load a lot it is empty. They are showing on the map but not when I go to them with my sims.

• When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?

Both!

• Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?

My Sims are fine for now.

• How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?

30 GB. But I used to have a lot less space (like 5 GB) without having this problem.

• Anything else that comes to mind ?

This came very suddenly. The only problem I have had with the game prior to this started about a month ago: Sometimes my sims aren't responding when I give them something to do. If I click "Watch TV" or really anything, they would just stand there, not responding to it, even though time is ticking and other sims are doing stuff. It usually take 30 Sims-minutes for the sim to respond from there. This don't happen all the time, but every now and then when I play for the last month or so. It seems to happen more often when the sims are at work on playable lots, but not exclusively.

Message 114 of 557 (827 Views)

Re: sims 4 get to work buildings not there

★★★★★ Novice

Here are my files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k026gy22sknbn0d/Disappearing%20lots.zip?dl=0

Please help me, because I can't play the game without the lots!

Message 115 of 557 (825 Views)

Hero

If you saved it this way, there's probably not much you can do other then re-placing them.but I'll take a look at your save tomorrow.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 557 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't saved since I discovered the problem. So all my sims houses are still there when I start the game, but they disappear as soon as I want to play Frown

Thank you for looking into this!

Message 117 of 557 (808 Views)

Hero

That's great. Than I can try if they disappear for me too.

I'll let you know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 557 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BernhardinaH

I've tried your save and I can totally duplicate

It's interesting to see how your slot_00000003.save went from 13 MB to 2 MB. The ones that are 13 MB still have the houses, the 2 MB only has a few left. The autosaves (slot_00000001) are also all at 2 MB

I would suggest reverting the slot_00000003.save.ver0. To do so, rename your current slot_00000003.save to slot_00000003.save.bak and then rename slot_00000003.save.ver0 to slot_00000003.save

You will loose a few days of play probably, but at least you'll have your houses back. I'll forward your saves to EA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 119 of 557 (790 Views)

Hero

@silverwind135 You're Warren save is corrupted. It also gives me save error 0. Don't think there's much you can do to save it but since you haven't started yet, I would just delete the save.

I don't know what corrupted it and if it has any connection to your disappearing houses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 120 of 557 (780 Views)