Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Highlighting of 'Bodies and Skin Tone' in CAS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Highlighting of the 'Bodies And Skin Tone' section, as if there is something new in it.
What do you expect to see? No highlighting as there isn't anything new in 'Bodies And Skin Tone'.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch (01/16/2020).

In this brand new game with no mods active, I've tried checking all the body types and skin tones to clear the highlight, with no success. I've never used skin or body mods in my game. 

Edit to add: this is also the case for "Face and skin tone" so I'm guessing it is a skin tone issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (9,100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS Issue - "Contains New Item" indicator never goes away

Hero

● Fixed an issue that made Body Shapes and Skin Tones in Create a Sim to be highlighted as if they were newly added in game.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (6,821 Views)

All Replies

CAS Issue - "Contains New Item" indicator never goes away

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure - Whatever the current game version is
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - All Game Packs - All Stuff Packs - All except Jungle Adventure, Toddler, and Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter create-a-sim, it just shows on the individual category
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Contains New Item" indicator does not go away - regardless of if you've seen and tried every item in the category
What do you expect to see? The "Contains New Item" indicator to go away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Admittedly, I'm a bit OCD - so having this indicator never go away is driving me insane.

I've tried all of the available skin tones, all of the available preset faces (the only two subcategories in this section) to no avail.  It still acts like there are new items available in the categories.  I've spoken to other simmers who have the same issue, just with different sections of create-a-sim.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Screenshot_39.png

Message 2 of 16 (9,045 Views)

Message 3 of 16 (9,001 Views)

Hero
@holdmysnaccs Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (8,990 Views)

Trouble with sims4 on console

★★ Novice

When I play in create a sim or build mode, it shows that I have new items from, I’m guessing, expansions that I’ve purchased. But when I try to see what they are I can’t find them. It keeps showing me that I have new items but it won’t let me see them... like they are “hidden”. I’ll send pics so you can see how there is an alert for new items but they aren’t showing up. 

Message 5 of 16 (8,799 Views)

Re: Trouble with sims4 on console

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Samikikojoy There is a current bug thread on this issue. Your post should be moved to the bug thread soon.

If there are objects in build mode and you have strangerville, check the armadillo and sock puppet color swatches.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Highlighting-of-Bodies-and-Skin-Tone-in-CAS/m-p/8663010#M...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-SV-New-Highlights-in-Buy-mode-doesn-t-disappear/m-p...

Message 6 of 16 (8,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper I’ll try this, because I think it will help with the build mode bug going on. But what about the skin tone in create a sim? I don’t see how the searches of a build mode item would help with the skin tones in my create a sim.

Edit: swatches

Message 7 of 16 (8,676 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Samikikojoy  Your issue with the swatches has been added to the bug report. Please click in the Me Too on the bug report. There isn't anything else you can do for the skin swatches at this time. 

Message 8 of 16 (8,657 Views)

Re: Unmarked stuff in build mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  Thank you, It helped me with decor and kid stuff and now in my build mode everything's ok (it was all about two items from StrangerVille).

But now what I have left is the problem with CAS.

I've tried to click on everything's that there, but it's still here.

Sims 4 Screenshot 2020.04.06 - 12.20.30.61.jpgSims 4 Screenshot 2020.04.06 - 12.22.01.75.jpg

Message 9 of 16 (8,101 Views)

Re: Unmarked stuff in build mode

Hero
@TokusaShi Moved that over to the thread for that.

Try this suggestion: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Highlighting-of-new-items-stuck/m-p/5014388/highlight/tr...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (8,092 Views)