[OPEN] Harvestables from plants in HH Inventory on loading

by triIIian711

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables from plants in HH Inventory on loading

★★★ Novice

This happens to me with or without mods, on new save and old save files, and even after repairing the game, deleting all cache files, etc. I've tried spacing stuff out a lot, putting all plants inside, etc.  It's so annoying and I really hope there ends up being a fix at some point. I like keeping harvestables to make juice and other stuff and taking it out of household inventory is tedious and leads me to selling large portions of stuff I wanted to keep.

Message 101 of 138 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think I figured out why this is happening. The cause of it is that the plant harvestables(fruits and flowers) have collision detection, ill explain. Basically the harvestable that spawns on the plant has collision detection, if the plant is close to another plant or object and the harvestable is going to spawn on that particular spot on the plant that is close to the other plant, the game thinks that there is something in the way leading it to spawn in the HH inventory. I noticed this when my pear tree somehow ended up in my HH inventory. When I tried to put the tree back in its original spot, the game acted like I there was something blocking it, so I moved around my plants and couldn't figure out why I couldn't place it next to my other plants. I saw that the tree had pears on them so I harvested them and after I could place the tree back into its original spot. 

So yeh, it probably is a collision detection issue.

The best way to test is to turn off collision for the harvestables, and see if it changes anything. 

Message 102 of 138 (703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This also happens on the PS4 and I'm really annoyed about it as it is making the game a real chore to play and the obvious easy solution is to just add a "sell all" option to the household inventory so you can sell them a stack at a time rather than having to spam triangle and sell them one by one. It would take like no time at all to fix this with a simple "hold button to sell all" option. My thumbs hurt from this bug Frown

Message 103 of 138 (619 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug still appears unfortunately. I just had it.

Message 104 of 138 (460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@realbalous So basically, turning off MoveObjects cheat would help? I'm going to try that.
Message 105 of 138 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I'll try and poke around without MOO too and see if it helps.. Regardless, please fix this already! It's so frustrating to play any kind of living off the land or rags to riches gameplay with the produce constantly disappearing to HH inventory. Gardening would be wholesome and relaxing in the sims but currently with all the gardening bugs it's really not fun anymore.. Frown

edit: so yeah.. it didn't help. The harvestables still ended up in HH inventory. I placed everything without moveobjects and made sure the green placement grids of other surrounding objects don't even touch the planter's placement grid thingy.

Message 106 of 138 (383 Views)

★ Apprentice
I agree still happening I’ve got all sorts of seed packets ending up in my HH inventory now like over 99+ packets for each season.
Message 107 of 138 (350 Views)

★★ Pro
@danniegurl Did you mean harvestables? If you're getting seed packets in your sim's inventory you probably have a gnome from that autumn holiday (can't remember what it's called) in there generating them.
Message 108 of 138 (342 Views)

★ Apprentice
@siirysiir I do have a gnome, but they use to spread around the gnome now I have them in my HH inventory. But that is a good answer for mine.
Message 109 of 138 (327 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ny2vegas wrote:
@realbalousSo basically, turning off MoveObjects cheat would help? I'm going to try that.

That cheat doesn't seem to have anything to do with it, at least not in my case anyway. I play without using that cheat, I can't even remember the last time I actually used it, and I'm still seeing harvestables appearing in the household inventory. 

Message 110 of 138 (317 Views)