Re: Indoor harvestables get put into Inventory after leaving and rejoining lot

by babajayne

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables from plants in HH Inventory on loading

★ Guide

Having the same issue too, but not as frequent as others may be having the issue, why does the game toss my harvestable into the inventory for no reason, I will never know. But it is annoying and thought it was fixed in the last update patch, yet it is still here. It's bad enough the game shoves junk into my household inventory when a Sim dies, would be nice if the stuff of a dead Sim would be sold rather than looted into my Sim's household inventory.

Message 61 of 138 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just tested this, and it is happening to me too.

Sims 4 Screenshot 2021.09.18 - 17.45.10.69.png

I saved and exited into the world map, got back and this is what happened:

Sims 4 Screenshot 2021.09.18 - 17.46.07.50.png

Message 62 of 138 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Its incredible that this $hit is still not fixed...

Message 63 of 138 (1,171 Views)

Re: Indoor harvestables get put into Inventory after leaving and rejoining lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue and it seems to be mostly related to my spliced plants, sheltered or not. When all the plants have harvestables on them, if I reload the lot, I find the harvestables gone from the spliced plants and they are all in the household inventory.

I had a sheltered (pure) dragon fruit that still had the fruit on it upon reloading. I also had two pure fruit trees outside, one pomegranate and one pear, that kept their fruit. That’s why I think this bug might be related to the spliced plants. BUT there’s one exception. There’s a pure snowdrop plant (sheltered) that had its flowers placed in my inventory. So maybe the bug also affects some other plants or flowers in particular.

ETA: Honestly I don’t even know anymore because I just remembered a million other mushrooms I found in my household inventory and they weren’t spliced. Regular base game mushrooms and the CoL mushrooms. But the CoL oversized crops have not been affected. 

I do have Patchy but my sims have no relationship with him so he hasn’t come alive yet. I was noticing harvestables in my inventory before I bought a Patchy, though.

I removed my mods and am getting the same results.

Message 64 of 138 (1,115 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seeing this on PS5. It's especially difficult to manage because there is no way to mass sell or place items from the household inventory on console. 

Message 65 of 138 (1,090 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Any possible solutions to this yet?

Message 66 of 138 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Indoor, outdoor, in planters, in ground, sheltered, not sheltered, oversized, regular sized, cc harvestables, EA based harvestables…I have this problem all the way around. Drives me nuts. Every time I travel, don’t travel, go into build/buy mode, or just BREATHE…there are harvestables in my household inventory. It is annoying as hell to have to go into the household inventory and put EACH. HARVESTABLE. into my fridge ONE. BY. ONE!! If I don’t do that, then the game doesn’t “recognize” the ingredients for cooking. Whatever bug this is, I wish EA would fix this already. How do you release a farming expansion with farm-related issues?! WTH! 

Message 67 of 138 (988 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well and i don't have Seasons / Cottage Living.

Message 68 of 138 (934 Views)

Re: Cottage Living: Harvestables going to household inventory

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too, but only the same 3 specific crops: begonias, kava roots, and pineapples.

Message 69 of 138 (913 Views)

Re: Cottage Living: Harvestables going to household inventory

Hero
@ShinyGeodude I merged your post with the bug report ont his.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 138 (896 Views)