Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by Jennifer329

Original Post

★★★ Expert
@YuleNorwood We know this bug is a high priority on their fix list (this much has been confirmed), so I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed for the next game patch. Well, that and have the biggest apple bob in all of Windenburg!
Message 231 of 321 (837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this bug, and I can't believe it went live. WTF EA. 

Message 232 of 321 (823 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PandaPounce wrote:

I am also having this bug, and I can't believe it went live. WTF EA. 

My sentiment exactly, made me think that their quality control could not be very good if a bug as blatantly obvious as that passed undetected. 

One would have thought that they had made automated tools that checked and kept track of stuff like that for them.  I mean that the 'save' function works correctly and that it is capable of transferring content of inventories and storage items is of paramount importance in a game like The Sims where people are spending so many hours aquiring the  items and so on.  Well , a correctly working safe function is of paramount importance most computer games IMO...

Message 233 of 321 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ladyreigns24 I too have never complained, but this has been the worst patch for me, so far. The harvestables disappearing is exceptionally frustrating and all my kids (toddlers and children) are having nightmares throughout the night. I have never had to reset sims and objects as often as I am now and one of my radios is blaring out Island Radio at full volume, even though it is off.

@kreatora Hate to tell you this, it's not just a sim travel bug. My sim hasn't travelled once, but every time I save the game and come back the next day, my fridge is empty.

@SheriGR @Daemonten Funny, I was thinking the same, but about the fridge...maybe dragging the whole fridge into household inventory would work?

@BlackjackWidow I wish this worked for me, but I have always saved in game and then exit without saving and I still have this issue.

(Posts merged by CM) 

Message 234 of 321 (762 Views)

★ Guide
@DanishLighthouse I suspect EA has used automatic testing system in their development. That's the reason why we have this kind of annoying bugs when new patches come out. They should be caught if their test cases covered all game detail.
Message 235 of 321 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Shongalolo Clever idea... I just tested it and unfortunately I found that if I added the refrigerator to the household inventory it did not strip its contents to leave produce in it separated and stored in household inventory (as when you do this with a live plant). However, it did retain the contents in the refrigerator when I re-placed the refrigerator from household inventory back into the home. So, I suppose if you store your produce in the refrigerator you could move all of your refrigerators into your household inventory whenever you leave the lot or leave the game? (I would only do this if you play with aging off, though, as if the family is still operational during play I assume this would leave them with no refrigerator access?) Not sure, just a thought.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 236 of 321 (725 Views)

★ Guide
Laying the harvest in household inventory works, but even laying the harvest on benches and shelves on the wall has worked for me.
But it takes time.
Message 237 of 321 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Shongalolo  I did a quick test run. First I downloaded some some in season flowers and food, all perfect quality. I stuck them in the the flower arranging table and fridge. Then I put them all in my family inventory. First save, then saved and exited. Next I came back to see what happened. Everything there, flowers still perfect, food had become magnificent. Another time putting it in my family inventory to be sure. Save, then saved and exited. Come back on, took out the fridge and table, everything was gone. While a good idea it didn't pan out. I was so excited for a faster way to save my plants too.

While I didn't expect the items to be stripped into my family inventory that were inside of the fridge and table, I did hope they would somehow count as being a part of the family inventory. No dice. Also, I did all this without mods and used normal lifespans. I forgot to add that.

Message 238 of 321 (674 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, new saved game and sim harvested in Willow Creek all harvestables disappeared when she went to the spice festival AND her sketchpad too. Her father's sketchpad disappeared from his inventory too.

I decided to stop playing games I am recording and play a new sim family but it isn't just stuff that is growing that disappears. Her homework, scout book and painting remained in her inventory, but the sketch pad disappeared. Also, all perfect harvestables from the spice festival reverted to normal when she arrived at her home lot in Willow Creek. #bummed

Message 239 of 321 (595 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@PandaPounce I am also having this bug, and I can't believe it went live. WTF EA. 

I'm sure they didn't care as long as they met their deadline to get the expansion out for the holidays. Thinking

*continues to twiddle thumbs* Frown

Message 240 of 321 (563 Views)