Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Added my +1. This bug calls into serious doubt the permanence of anything in this game... the fact that a bug this pervasive and severe went live *at all* is inexcusable. At best, we're gonna see a flippant "tee hee, produce will not wander off when you go through a loading screen" in whatever patch notes finally include a fix (or a claim of a fix) and nothing returned from what the game flagrantly deleted, because it's painfully clear it's gone.

Message 221 of 321 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

<Edit by CM to remove reference to removed content>

Jokes aside though, I feel like EA is personally targeting me. I know right, paranoid much? But hear me out: I've joined this forum last June because I was doing the 100 Baby Challenge and all of a sudden the "Baby Won't Eat a Full Meal" bug appeared out of nowhere. One second I'm happily popping kids out of my Sim's vajayjayabrams, the next there are screaming toddlers on the verge of starvation and smelly plates stuck in thin air. I won't deny it, that gave me a tinge of PTSD. But I managed to make it work by avoiding cooked meals altogether. That's right, I've placated the tiny monsters by serving them harvestables breakfast lunch and supper, the future is vegan, folks! Sure it was for my Sim-kids anyway.
And what fresh hell did the merry folks in EA put out of their top-hats now? That's right, no more stockpiling harvestables for you, lady! I mean, I've completed my Challenge long ago, but is not like I didn't morph it into an extremely intricate Legacy Challenge because you all know how this things goes. At this point I would like to commit my future generations to a strict diet of EA developers only. Hey game modders out there, what say you?      

Message 222 of 321 (608 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So I have this problem too... but only with dead flowers! 

It seems like all my other harvestest are fine, but my dead flowers disappear from my sims inventories. Pretty annoying when I've been working hard to grow and share them throughout my householdt, to prevent premature death. 

Not sure this is related, since I didn't get university, but I think it started around the time of the expansion. 

Message 223 of 321 (593 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For me, nothing gets deleted but everything is set to normal quality after coming back home. I don't even dare play because most of my Sims have at least a few plants, this is really frustrating.

Message 224 of 321 (552 Views)

★★ Guide

After updating to the newest patch, I lost all my growfruits to fertilize with , and I think some cuttings for grafting as well. Alec, my spliced plant after this patch only gives the plant and grafting (chrysanthemum and strawberry, not including bird of paradise like with my grafting from before the patch. 

Message 225 of 321 (548 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

So yeah...ALL my save files have HUGE stores of perfect fruits, veggies, herbs, and flowers. My one with the BIGGEST store is the one I log into unknowingly and lose everything on. You can imagine the disappointment. Unwilling to keep going after about a week of playing until it is fixed because I feel like I'm losing out on what my garden gives me, I made a save file for a chef who DOESN'T own a garden for once. She goes through school, meets a merman there, ends up dating him.

Here is where it gets funny. My young son started watching me play. He started demanding babies and getting to name them, meanwhile I'm teaching him some values on finish college first, get a job, marry, THEN have your kids or life might end up bad for you. He wanted my sim to become a mermaid because the first baby was a boy merbaby and he wanted them to be a big happy merfolk family. Then I got the idea of giving him a sister...and my mermaid had TWINS, the girls she was aiming for with strawberries and pop music, but TWINS. He then decided he wanted one as a child, one as a toddler, and one as a baby I'm stuck with the hectic trying to keep this family running that he wants. He totally hijacked my game and I'm not sure whether to cry or laugh. XD Plus my twins aren't twins anymore.

So my "temporary game" is now a permanent one and he fusses at me nonstop to play his game. *LAUGHS* Slave driver! Help! I need saving! I blame EA because I'd be on my other game and he would never have wanted to start a family with a preexisting family. Bad EA. Bad. XD

Message 226 of 321 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Today I found that I have the same problem.  

All my ABOVE NORMAL QUALITY harvestables disappear from sim inventory when traveling to another place. (Edit :  Items in question now also disappear from inventory if I saves the game !!!!)

This is *seriously annoying* and game breaking bug for me and this needs to be fixed ASAP !

I use an up-to-date vanilla 64 bit version of Sims 4 (Deluxe version) with expansions 'Get to Work' and 'Island Living* !

Please fix this bug ASAP !!!

Message 227 of 321 (422 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@DanishLighthouse Me too !!
@EA When we get a new patch for this heavy bug?
Regards from Germany
Message 228 of 321 (369 Views)

★★★ Expert
@YuleNorwood If they aren't going to fix this bug soon, the least they could do is give us proper scuba diving and snorkeling so we won't drown while searching for our wayward veggies.
Message 229 of 321 (478 Views)

★★ Guide

@RandomBuzziness Given the care they're showing toward their customers is more likely for them to build a very tall wall around the perimeter and ditch the ladder.

Message 230 of 321 (449 Views)