Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★ Novice

I’m not sure if this started happening because of the patch earlier this month, or after I got university, because they were both around the same time. I’ve been playing my current save for 9 generations, and have passed down produce and other harvestables for at least 5-6 generations, so I had quite the stash, and now it’s almost all gone. It’s really upsetting because it lost my sim a lot of time and money. Now it seems they disappear every time I travel to a new lot, or start the game. It’s incredibly frustrating. 

Message 191 of 321 (599 Views)

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★ Pro

@jesslikessims I am so sorry. I have a family where the parents are both in each side of the gardening career and their garden takes up 1/4th of a 60x60 lot. I lost a lot of saved produce and flowers myself, but I can't image 5 generations of it. The bad news is all of that is probably gone for good. The good news is EA announced in this thread they are aware of the problem and are fixing it. I'm not sure how long that will take, but at least we all know we were heard.

As for if it was University or not, sadly, no. I thought the same, but someone on here doesn't even own University and has this bug. It seems to have come along with one of the many patches. An unpleasant, if you want to bother, work around seems to be putting it in your family inventory. Another, rather unhappy solution, is only working with normal quality produce if you want to add an extra bit to your garden for now. You can use your perfect things while gaming and then the normal will stick around whether you save and exit or leave your lot or not. I'd sell the perfects if you don't put them in your family inventory before leaving the game. At least you get the money that way.

If you are feeling impatient, I grew one of every normal plant and uploaded them in their ready to harvest state. Just look up PriestessAvenara or the plant you want. My normal ones should be easy to find. I even grouped plants (fruits and veggies), trees (except plasma, that one is a stand alone only), herbs, magical plants, and vampire plants if you are feeling extra lazy about downloading one of each of a specific type.

I was extremely frustrated and noticed no one had any normal plants up so I decided I'd do it for the community. Right now those seem to be our only options, but happy gaming and gardening anyway. You could always do what I did because I felt like I was ruining my own legacy game and make a temporary vampire challenge game where you can only feed on people, no plasma fruit or plasma bags. Play it how you want, evil or good, compel or ask or even frenzy. The only strict rules are getting rid of plasma bags, not making any, not growing or eating any plasma fruit, and enjoying the sims for the tasties they are.  *laughs* It's not AS fun as gardening and our long time games, but it's entertaining tying to convince people I've just met to let me feed on them. Wink

Message 192 of 321 (566 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gardening Glitch

★★★ Apprentice

I do not have Uni installed and I have the inventory bug with non-normal harvestables. It was caused by the pre-Uni patch on Nov 12th. I was so excited to see an emergency patch but alas, this bug isn't fixed. The game is unplayable for me until it is, so no buying DU (Uni) as planned.

Message 193 of 321 (546 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo Thank goodness! This bug renders my game unplayable. I'm so upset I didn't only play my test neighborhood (I hadn't downloaded DU yet, so the only change was the Nov 12th patch), because I have lost so much inventory with different households. I thought I was losing my mind at first with the disappearing inventories... Do they have any idea on time frame?
Message 194 of 321 (606 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gardening Glitch

★ Guide
@Compulsivian Yes, agreed. I have limited my play to the households which already have been corrupted by the harvestables disappearing glitch and to those which don't have gardens. Btw, I have one household with a money tree only, but no gardener (they fertilize with bought 'normal' fertilizer), a member of that household still has his 'perfect' harvestables (retained from a former residence) in his personal inventory after several days of play and traveling. So the bug seems to affect individual sims on lots with gardens (or possibly just gardeners).
Message 195 of 321 (551 Views)

EA Sims Team

@danceswithchaos 

Unfortunately I don't have a time frame that I can share at the moment.  However, this is high on the list of issues for the team to look into. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 196 of 321 (886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo  Godspeed!  *continues to twiddle thumbs* Raised eyebrow

Message 197 of 321 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Jennifer329Sadly I think your thumbs are going to get REALLY tired before they fix this. I'm guessing it will be a December patch at the earliest. Still, I'm very glad to hear they are working on it and are willing to give us status updates!

Message 198 of 321 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictDaemonten I've had the same sort of issue. Harvestables disappearing from inventories. It's sporadic today. Only one Sim out of 3 lost his harvestables and that was after going to a party. The harvestables in the house were not affected, or the other Sims inventories, but there was no harvestables on the plants.

I certainly hope it gets fixed soon. I can't really enjoy the game with this bug and I'm thinking of not playing it for a couple of weeks; and check then to see if it is dealt with. To Bad, I wanted to purchase Sim's University, but I wont until this bug is fixed.

It happened to me only after the second last patch, the one from Nov 25th.

Weird, I never had a problem until AFTER the Nov 25th patch.

When? Not for me as of Nov 27th

(Merged post try to edit your own post next time instead of spamming the forum) - Atic 
Message 199 of 321 (824 Views)

★★ Pro

@hwob Your "disappearing from the garden" might have been one of the sims at home tending to the garden. That's even an option to tell them to do instead of take care of themselves while you are on another lot and someone is at home. So that one is hard to say. As for keeping your harvestables, are they normal quality? Because the normal quality ones don't seem to be affected by the bug. Also getting University won't matter one way or another. The bug is in the patch preparing us for University so EVERYONE has it whether they have University installed or not. Although it is your choice not to buy it. Why buy something if you don't want to play it? I get that.

Anyway, happy gaming despite the upsetting bug.

Message 200 of 321 (750 Views)