Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: New Bug with Today's patch

★★★ Apprentice
@imhotep168 Don't say that! This bug ruined my gameplay, and it seems to be a newer one since the latest patch, so whatever they broke with it, they need to fix it. I'm pretty sure something with the gardening also caused an error where I couldn't save my game... Definitely not getting University pack, or any other pack, until this is fixed. Everything was working fine before this damn patch. Well, except consistent whim fulfillment, but that wasn't fixed.
Message 81 of 321 (2,628 Views)

Champion

@troshalom I see in your screenshots that you have sprinklers in the room, and I'm not sure what type of flooring, if any. I also see that it looks like you have a Mod &/or CC in place? Anyway, I thought I would mention the method I used for my plant rooms in the past. I'm assuming it works the same currently, but it may not:

You can load plants in a room though: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D25D5DEBDF2C11E886F3526B46B29011

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 82 of 321 (2,739 Views)

Re: New Bug with Today's patch

★ Guide

I've already recovered previous save to restore items, found workarounds before I even saw the thread on bug. Issue is selling all items daily that can't use defeats the purpose of gardening and florist career, especially when some items don't grow except in certain seasons, meaning I would not be able to craft some flower arrangements at any given time as I was doing.. Problem with moving items into household inventory is that you have to drop items on floor one at a time and when you have multiple items it becomes more than a hassle. Also, some items are not being recognized when putting in Sim inventory and taking to another location. I've also noticed that since this bug came in that now my freelance photographer sim is back to not having stuff counted after conditions are met on career and just discards response as others say getting collectibles is also not working right and not showing appropriately as getting them.

Message 83 of 321 (2,718 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SheriGR I removed the sprinklers and bee box to see if they were the problem. I saved the Alien Patch to the gallery, this outdoor garden room has three types of plants in it. Only one plant type saved.

1NotAllPlantsSaveToGallery.png

1- My garden plot with 3 plant types. 2 - only one plant type will upload 3 - garden plot in the gallery 4 - garden plot I downloaded from the gallery with only one plant type.

Also, I am using the pre-made Gardening Haven room from Seasons. I modified it and removed the floor so I can plant plants in the ground. 

I have actually downloaded a garden room with perfect alien plants, but cannot upload those same items back if they are in the ground. I never had that problem in the past. I have downloaded gardens that were in the ground and not in pots.

DownloadPerfectCannoUploadPerfect.png

I tried it again with plants downloaded from the gallery.

1- item from the gallery. 2-I placed plants in the ground only one plant uploads. 3-I place plants back in the pot they will upload.

This is a bug.

Message 84 of 321 (2,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@troshalom If the plants are planted directly into the ground I believe the they must be saved as a lot, not a room to make the transition to library & gallery and back to placement. 

Edit... I just tested with the tentacle tree an alien fruit plants I have... The tentacle tree did upload and download in a room planted directly into the ground, but not the alien fruit plant. However, if they were in planters in a room and not directly in the ground they both uploaded and downloaded to my library, and all of them - directly in the ground or in a room or not uploaded and downloaded in a lot.

Also, I should mention that trees need a room of medium height or tall height or they will delete when placed, and if you place trees in a room on a lot it must have medium or tall walls or the tree will delete when placing. Workaround if your home has regular height walls you can go down a couple of levels of basement, make a room there and make the height of that room medium or tall, place your tree room from the gallery there, grab the tree and plant it, then delete those rooms.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 85 of 321 (2,728 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SheriGRIt's a bug. I put them all in pots in a room with a floor, walls and roof and the plants did not save. It is a bug.

You can save a room with mature plants to the Gallery. Search and you'll see rooms saved in the past. It is a bug.

Message 86 of 321 (2,724 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really hope they're going to fix this soon.  I don't have high hopes, since it's EA, and I know they've ignored some bugs for years because they just decided it wasn't worth their bother, I guess, but this one seems like a kind of major one and it affects a lot of people.  I don't see how to play until they fix it unless I just play without any sort of gardening/collecting stuff that could be affected, and that takes away a good chunk of what I normally do.  Sigh.  Get it together, EA!  Please!

Message 87 of 321 (2,695 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Costa I had the same issue with the "TV Season Premiere" holiday disappearing at 6 am. All of the "Surprise" holidays like Play The Lottery, Talk Like a Pirate, etc., disappear at 6 am on the day they are supposed to occur. This happens in two different cc/mod-free saves. I created a Bug Report just in case anyone else is having this problem.

I also have the disappearing harvestables bug in both saves.
Message 88 of 321 (2,686 Views)

Sims 4 Gardening Glitch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Uni, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game: Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Stuff: First Pet, Laundry, Toddler, Vintage, Backyard, Kids, Movie, Kitchen, Patio, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a garden. Harvest fruit at a higher quality than 'normal' and leave the home location.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you harvest fruit and go to the map, all the harvestables return to "normal" quality or the items are lost completely. (The plants themselves retain their quality, the glitch pertains to what's in the inventory with any fruits/veggies/herbs. I noticed once I installed the University expansion, but had recently just installed Pets. It could've been either and I just didn't notice on Pets yet.
What do you expect to see? I get to keep the fruits of my labor lololol :D
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either the Sims Pets or Sims Uni. My patch's are set to automatic but it's safe to say it would've been a patch within the last week or two.

Message 89 of 321 (2,627 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Same, I haven't really wanted to play since this glitch. Flower Arranging table is empty, fridge, sims inventory. They were all loaded with perfect produce from the garden. It's very discouraging since I can't even leave the home lot or its all gone again. 

Message 90 of 321 (2,678 Views)