Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by liliflur

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yeah still happening after installing University Pack. I have repaired it several times.

Who has tried uninstalling everything - wiping the registry and then reinstalling everything and pasting in your save files?
Message 51 of 321 (1,361 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★ Novice

This is happening in my game also.  It seems that all harvestables above normal in the sims inventory, chests and display table have totally disappeared.  The game is unplayable now if you are a collector sim, if you have famous people who require excellent quality food.  I'm not sure when they disappeared, whether they were gone from the outset, or whether they disappeared after travelling.  I logged in, travelled, then came back to a few normal harvestables in all three areas.

I was all excited and set to buy the new Discover University expansion this morning.  I usually always wait until the sales, but I was quite excited, and so was going to buy this expansion outright, but I won't be playing the game until this problem is fixed - it's unplayable if you can't travel without losing inventory!!  So I won't be buying the expansion until this problem is fixed!!

Message 52 of 321 (1,346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this issue today, too, for the first time.  I contacted EA "help" desk, who after a long conversation, sent me a set of instructions that did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue.  When I searched the forums here and found this discussion, I went back to EA "help" desk.  I was told it was not a "known issue" yet (despite everyone here posting about it) so the person helping me said they were now reporting it as a bug to development.  So...hopefully that helps it get fixed, and I have no idea why it wasn't already a known issue, but maybe if more people talk directly to them to complain about the bug, they'll fix it faster?

Message 53 of 321 (1,528 Views)

★ Pro
@storywriter27 Explaining a problem to the EA Help Desk is about as productive as explaining String Theory to a panda. Also, gives roughly the same result. I've stopped trying.
Message 54 of 321 (1,495 Views)

Re: Produce disappeared after being fertilized.

★★★ Novice

Hello,

Though this seems to be a deprecated issue, all the produce disappears from my fridge and inventory (except growfruit) at apparently random times. Flowers stored in The Ornate Beauty remain, and I don't recall having ever put produce in it but will be experimenting as soon as I can harvest again.

I do not have Seasons, nor have I ever used mods. I haven't yet found a fix for this issue in any Google search I've done. 

Any help appreciated!

Message 55 of 321 (1,402 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I've been having the same problem with harvestables, but I just opened my bookcase and it is empty. All my ROM tomes that I collected are gone. This may be a problem for anything that holds inventory of some kind?

Message 56 of 321 (1,438 Views)

@Lilitheen  I've moved your post to the master thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 57 of 321 (1,388 Views)

★ Guide
@liliflur I don't have ROM tomes disappearing problem. However, I keep my tomes in a chest.
Message 58 of 321 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me after the November patch. My sim lost 20,000 simoleons worth of alien, dragon fruit, and EVERYTHING that wasn't normal. I do think traveling to lots does this, but then, my Sims have been gardening on a community lot ever since my plants ONLY produce harvesting if on the lot at 5 AM. 

I also have the additional problem where I cannot remove nested plants/items from my inventory to either plant or drop in another sims inventory since this patch. A work-around is to drag all of those items (instead of just one) into either the fridge or another sim. Then either from that fridge or the second Sim you can drop a single item. 

Between the disappearing inventory and the inability to take out one item, the patch rendered this game unplayable for me because of how I like to travel between lots and there is where my community garden is. If they can't carry the crop back home without disappearing, what is the point?

Only mod I have is the Twisted Mexi all cheats one but it has been disabled since the Nov patch, so it shouldn't affect it. No custom content whatsover. I have: GT, Vampires, C&D, Seasons, the Sulani one, Spa, Spooky, Toddler pack. 

Message 59 of 321 (1,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This stupid bug is not just for in game saves and inventories. I just spent over an hour, hours assembling rooms of plants from various lots that I saved to the gallery only to have no plants or one plant saved.

I am so frustrated right now 

(ALL CAPS SPAM removed by CM)

This game is not playable until this is fixed.

I saved excellent, perfect, and magnificent plants. The majority are all gone. All of the spliced plants are gone. Some rare plants are gone. All of the herbs are gone. Most of the alien plants I saved are gone.

SavedGardens.png

What's annoying is I created the room, saved those plants to the room and then placed the plants back where they originally were and deleted the room after I saved it to the gallery. So, I would have to go to all of those lots again and redo all of that work.

What a waste of a Sunday morning. Guess I should've just gone outside with my cats.

BTW, I was in world view and editing lots. I did not once enter live view if this helps. And this is a different saved game from the one I posted above. So it seems every thing is just messed up.

Packs installed:

Sims4.png

CC - Mods

TS4_Mods.png

Message 60 of 321 (1,356 Views)