Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

by luciahutan310

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★ Guide

I had a bug related to Plasma Fruit after each game start that could be get past by placing them in the inventory of a different sim before putting it back. Maybe someone with this bug want to try out if this is a general work around for this bug as well.

Message 31 of 321 (1,265 Views)

★ Guide

Everything that was painfully grown (over generations) to perfect quality is gone in my game too. I've never used any mods or cc so all I can blame is the patch.

Message 32 of 321 (1,232 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been noticing the same for all my perfect death flowers. 
Even when I reload a previous save. 

I have also tried making copypasto copies of death flowers and they too will disappear upon travelling to a different lot. 

Another glitch I have seen after the new patch is my "give potion" options appear multiple times in two action wheels. 

Message 33 of 321 (1,206 Views)

Hero

Question: Does this issue still crop up for you guys if you have University ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 321 (1,189 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still happens with University pack

Message 35 of 321 (1,169 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me too and it's ruining my game play! :'(

Message 36 of 321 (1,161 Views)

Hero
@luciahutan310 Thanks
Guess I'm just being lucky then.

Mine is an old save too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 321 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Happend just with the harvestable things in inventory with better then normal quality. Normal quality flowers and plants stayed. Worse is the fast decrease of needs of all sims, especially toddlers. I see there is so many mistakes after november patch, I hope they will make some fix soon...
Message 38 of 321 (1,136 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56  I tested this on my save by regrowing my plasma fruit tree, death flowers, and various potion ingredients as normal quality. I can confirm in my save, that the normal quality harvestables stay, but anything above that still disappears. So potions and plasma fruit are back on the menu, albeit at a lower quality.

Message 39 of 321 (1,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Fadedaway13 I added a bunch of info from my tests (comment #12) and some of it may help with your issue for workarounds, etc...

• If you leave the (above normal quality) flowers & harvestables on the plants or in the household inventory (not personal inventory) they don't delete.
  • You can take (above normal quality) harvestables with you in your personal inventory, but only for one 'jump'/load. You must sell them or use them before traveling again or they will delete.
  • To help the toddlers you could leave plates of items that spoil slowly or not at all for them to grab. Produce, gourmet fruitcake, I was told popcorn in the popper doesn't spoil (maybe test if the toddler can grab a serving from that?), leave out food for the day that spoils slowly for the toddler to grab a serving from, and at level 10 of the chef career there is an aspiration reward trait available where they can make food that never spoils. Do you have any level 10 chefs in your households? If not I do and can upload her to the gallery for you, if you let me know. 
  • I have a death flower room, a death flower plant room, and a room with ambrosia in the EA Gallery if you want to download them.
    ( Username: #SheriGR )

I know none of this is anything but a workaround and that it's frustrating and a hassle, but I hope it helps as a Band-Aid for now.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 40 of 321 (1,109 Views)