Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the currently released expansions/game packs/stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a save from before 1.58.63.1010 with harvestables in the inventory, save the game, and then reload.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the harvestables in a sims' inventory and the chest inventory disappear and the items in the refrigerator and flower arranging station are reverted to normal quality
What do you expect to see? I expect the items not to disappear and items in storage to retain their quality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.58.63.1010

Basically, when I loaded up my save game after the patch, any harvestable I had in my sims' inventory or the chest inventory disappeared. All my vampire's garlic, wolfsbane, and plasma fruit was gone. I was looking through the fridge to see what I'd need to replant and noticed everything in there had dropped to normal quality along with the items in the flower arranging station. I loaded a previous save and could see the items, but when I reloaded and saved again, they disappeared again. I thought it might be related to the patch so I just began to play and collect things, but they disappeared again from everything without me reloading.

Message 2 of 321 (16,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Nice or High Quality harvestables would disappear from Sims’ inventories after Travel or Save/Load.
○ We attempted to track down the lost harvestables that are currently lost, but found they were lost and unfindable. It’s findings like this that we find we are at a loss of words for, however any future loss should not be found.

Fixed fir in Patch 1.59.73

Thread for console is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-XB1-Harvestables-disappearing-from-inventories...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 305 of 321 (12,044 Views)

All Replies

New Bug with Today's patch

★★★★★ Novice

Today's newest bug: Chest, Fridge and Flower table are not correctly storing collectibles, You may find just like me all those lovely collections disappearing after you save and quite the game, Lovely isn't it.  You may also notice the incomplete collections no longer display correctly in your UI as well.  The game doesn't seem to remember oh yeah you have x,y,z installed so the metal collection  displays 20 instead of 20 + 2, as well as all the others with additions to the base game.  Loving this update in a not at all kind of way.

Message 1 of 321 (15,947 Views)

Re: Harvestables disappearing from sims' inventory and chest inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

Further playing shows that items are disappearing when traveling to another lot. Items are also disappearing from the fridge and the flower arranging station.

Message 3 of 321 (15,935 Views)

Hero
@Daemonten Do you have a backup from before they started disappearing ? If so, does the same happen again ?

I tested the stuff in my inventory and it doesn't go missing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 321 (15,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Daemonten @crinrict 

Same problem for me. Most of flowers disappear from sims' inventory. I reload an old version and all back to normal. 

Anyway the premiere event on calendar disappear at 6 am instead pop up in both save game.

Edited 

all flowers disappear again when i travel in another lot

Message 5 of 321 (15,906 Views)

Re: New Bug with Today's patch

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hexadecimal, do you play with any Mods or CCWondering They often become outdated when a patch to the game is released. 

If you use Mods/CC please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

If you don't use Mods or CC , or if the above steps do not work, then it is probably a new bug.  You will have to go to the Bug Reports section and see if anyone else has posted a bug report on this problem, click on the "Me Too" button at the end of the first poster's report and add you experience to the end of that thread.  If they haven't filled one out yet, you will need to fill out a Bug Report yourself in order to bring it to the attention of the people who deal with the bugs in the game (as this section does not address that). https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs   But if you do use Mods or CC you will have to test that first, to rule it out before filling out a Bug Report. Angel

Updated to make correction in light of recent findings! Wink

This has been moved to the Bug Reports section and merged with the Bug Report on this problem.  Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the Original Poster's report ! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 321 (15,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Costa Just the flowers or other harvestables too ?

@hexadecimal Merged your post with existing post on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 321 (15,897 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict i just checked: harvestables too. i Had 5 potato before travel.

@hexadecimal thanks for info. Anyway i deactivate all mods and CC before post a bug. 

Message 8 of 321 (15,872 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I have seen this in one save where my sims have a lot of good or better quality harvestables.  They had a lot so I can't say for sure if everything just disappeared or if some things went to normal instead of disappearing, but I did notice some items disappearing (some money fruit that was better quality, they had spliced it onto other plants which made it harvestable), perfect wolfsbane, etc.  I've taken two videos, one before (I had to recover the save to go back Standard smile ) and one afterwards.  I can try to put it together and upload if you'd like to see it visually.  I didn't notice any issues in a save where the plants were only normal (ie in a different save, so far I've only had a chance to check in two saves but I can check in others when I get a chance). 

Best regards,
Jennifer 

Message 9 of 321 (15,847 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  I've tested from all my saves, and it is happening in all of them. I'm cleared out the "cache" for the sims and done the origin repair and it's still happening. I made a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXwxA4uK72k&t

Message 10 of 321 (15,820 Views)