[OPEN] Hand tool gets stuck

by SookieleeSim

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Hand tool gets stuck

Hero
Could you please make a new thread for this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 43 (388 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SookieleeSim wrote:

Hand tool gets stuck when retrieving an item from Personal Inventory. This has happened with one of the new easter eggs and a print from the microscope. The items remain on the cursor and won't allow you to sell or place them in the world. This just atarted after Patch 1.5

Brand new game and all new files etc. NO mods or cc and I am having this issue on non-Easter Egg content. I think it MAY be due to clicking the center wheel on the mouse, but not sure, as when I tried saving/signing out of my game it froze, so I never had a chance to test the theory. I have been able to release the object using the ESC (escape button when playing on a laptop), the object defaulted to its original position, (from anywhere on the property/building grid). However, it will retain the next object picked-up. So, basically no help.

Why would I try saving my game while it was glitching, (and potentially locking a glitch into my game permanently until I had to delete the entire thing??) Well, I assumed it was something I was causing, so I thought I would sign out and lookup solutions - bad idea, I should have simply changed settings to windowed mode bc that's when my game froze. I had to use my task manager to log out.

ESC+ALT+DELETE brings up the task manager if you're ever stuck in full-screen mode - you can simply highlight (click on) Sims in the list and then at the bottom left of the task manager window click on END (or end process). You will lose any unsaved data. 

Hopefully we'll figure this out, soon. Still experimenting. 
Cheers and good luck, my guys! 

Message 42 of 43 (325 Views)

Hero
@MarshaMyGames This is really old and doesn't' use the template.

Please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 43 (318 Views)