by ylvametheren

Original Post

[OPEN] Hairline cracks through diagonal walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing windows on diagonal walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing windows on diagonal walls, thin hairline cracks appear. I've tried with different windows and with wallpaper, but the cracks are still there. This is the first time I've noticed this.
What do you expect to see? No hairline cracks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried the Antialiasing fix on the Nvidia Profile Inspector, but it didn't help. It's really annoying, do you know how to fix this? My graphics card is GeForce GTX 1070.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,640 Views)

Re: Hairline cracks through diagonal walls

Hero

@ylvametheren 

Yep this does happen.  I was able to reproduce the effect in a test build.  It does appear to be very specific though.  It only appears on a diagonal on the right with a wall attached to the right.  Remove the wall and it goes away.  Only seems to happen with the Strangerville window "The Discreet".  When I was testing, I found a number of shadow issues with other windows, but the crack only shows with "The Discreet.  Here's a couple of pics showing what I mean.  First pic is with the crack where I have a wall attached to the diagonal on the right.  Second pic is the same but no wall to the right of the diagonal wall.

Screenshot (94) copy.jpg

Screenshot (95) copy.jpg

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 9 (2,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I thought it was only with the Strangerville windows too, but for me it happens with all windows that don't cover the entire wall. Really annoying since I want to make a cozy window nook, but the lines bother me so much since they show from outside the house too :/ The lines appear on all the walls in the nook for me, not just one diagonal wall. Could it be a graphics card issue or is the game bugged?

Message 3 of 9 (2,591 Views)

Hero

@ylvametheren 

I only saw that particular thing with the Strangerville window when I was testing.  I did see other things with other windows but not the crack.  And I could barely see it when I did finally get it to show up.  I really had to look hard to find it.  During gameplay, it's not something I would notice unless I was looking for it.  I never noticed it before but going back and looking at one of my builds using that window in a diagonal wall after testing for the issue, it was there.  There is something about that window that is a little off so it probably should be looked at by the devs. 

Your settings and graphics card could make the issue show up differently for different people with different hardware.  I run the game on a desktop with a pretty good graphics card and monitor.   I run on Ultra graphics settings.  I did not try looking for the issue on lower settings.  But I do know that the game will look different on different machines with different hardware.  When I replaced my computer a few years ago, I definitely noticed a difference in the look of the game.  A friend of mine just got a new laptop recently and said that there is a world of difference in how the game looks and performs on her new machine versus the old one.  So yes, that would make a difference in how the game looks and may show things that you never noticed before.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9 (2,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I know, the lines issues are more and more present sadly, it happens as well on sims themself, on some furniture, and I have notice on walls as well. For instance, it happens on black foundation, university fireplace, some base game toilets etc... the list goes on.

On sims, I have notice, mainly appear anywhere on the body, belly, arms, chest, face, and it seems to affect sims that are enlarged, so muscular and/or fat.

Message 5 of 9 (2,546 Views)

★★ Novice

Before I did the antialiasing fix in the Nvidia Profile Inspector, I had that problem with my sims in CAS as well Confused I haven't entered CAS since I did the fix, but I'll try now and see if it's fixed.

I know it seems like such a small issue when it doesn't really affect the gameplay at all, but it makes me stressed that my builds and sims aren't perfect the way I want them to be :/

Message 6 of 9 (2,539 Views)

Weird tearing after July/Aug '21 patch

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust and Throwback Fit Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? tearing in the walls under the base game windows
What do you expect to see? No tearing in walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent patch when I started building for my new legacy sim.

There is a weird tearing issue underneath the windows that I discovered when I started playing after the most recent patch.

Message 7 of 9 (2,356 Views)

lines on wall bug

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff, Journey to Batuu, Dream Decorator and Wedding Stories.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever you move a window to a diagonal or (sometimes) regular wall
What happens when the bug occurs? you see lines appearing around the window.
What do you expect to see? No lines at all. It is really annoying and immersion breaking. It really ruins the game for me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think it may have been cause by a patch around Eco Living or something but anyways I really, really need help. This bug is super annoying as well as immersion breaking and it really ruins the game for me and other players, who are currently experiencing this issue.
I hope this issue is fixed ASAP. I really want to dive back into The Sims 4 without this horrible bug ruining the experience. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,101 Views)

Re: lines on wall bug

★★★★ Pro

I noticed this for the first time after today's patch. A plethora of lines under every kind of window on every diagonal wall.

Message 9 of 9 (1,724 Views)