by JaffaYogini

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Video game streamer career: Unable to livestream unreleased game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, High school years, kids room stuff, seasons, Spa day, spooky stuff, toddler stuff, vibing streamer gear digital content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a sim in the video game streamer career on level 2 'speed runner'
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen sim has chosen the 'video game streamer' part time job...she is now level 2 'speed runner'...i normally choose the work from home option...this time her task was to 'livestream unreleased game'...when you hover over the task it specifically says to choose the option on a computer...there is no option on the computer for her to do the task...i also tried the game console and the new tablet that came with HSY, just in case, but no option on there either...my sim was unable to complete the task, didn't get paid and suffered performance loss.
What do you expect to see? an option on the computer to 'livestream unreleased game' so my sim can complete the work from home task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After latest update and installation of HSY expansion

My teen sim has chosen the 'video game streamer' part time job...she is now level 2 'speed runner'...i normally choose the work from home option...this time her task was to 'livestream unreleased game'...when you hover over the task it specifically says to choose the option on a computer...there is no option on the computer for her to do the task...i also tried the game console and the new tablet that came with HSY, just in case, but no option on their either...my sim was unable to complete the task, didn't get paid and suffered performance loss.

Edit By Crinrict: Some cosmetic adjustment to Title

Message 1 of 10 (25,902 Views)

Re: [HSY] Video game streamer career: Unable to livestream unreleased game

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Exactly same issue, although I think it's just the wording issue. 

My sim is level 2 in Video Game Streamer career, speedrunner. Her work-from-home task is 'Livestream Unreleased Game'. On hoverover, the task says "Perform Livestream Unreleased Game on a Computer'. 

On computer in Career section there's the various Livestream options. None of them have hoverovers for me. There is no "Livestream Unreleased Game" as the task and its hoverover leads you to believe. I chose "Livestream The Sims Infinite" and after she finished, she got paid, and the task got ticked, so it worked for the task.

The reason I chose that is that after I couldn't find 'Livestream Unreleased Game' from the computer, I googled it. Then I googled the career itself, and found a youtube guide made by Fantayzia. In her game 'Livestream the Sims Infiite' actually -does- have a hoverover, which says "This game is exclusive and has not been released yet!" 

So I guess the bug is "missing hoverover texts" instead of "missing computer options". 

The picture is from Fantayzia's youtube guide. For me there is no hoverovers on those options.

Message 2 of 10 (25,827 Views)

★★★★ Guide

thank you! that task hasnt appeared again yet but I have livestream option for sims infinate...like yo say nothing appears indicating it is an unrealeased game...thanks for the work around x

Message 3 of 10 (25,599 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, if you really consider it, 'Crypt Keeper' and 'The Sims Infinite' aren't games you can access when you "Play Game". So, wouldn't that mean that both of these are "Unreleased Games"? This could be why live streaming either game completes the task.

Message 4 of 10 (25,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. I live-streamed The Sims Infinite and Crypt Keeper and it didn't fulfill the task, I got $0 for my work day

Message 5 of 10 (24,968 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Video game streamer career: Unable to livestream unreleased gam

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i have this issue as well.
no mods or anything. i have all the packs except for the wedding one and batoo.

I do end up streaming either The Sims Infinite or Crypt Creeper and it does accomplish that task but I only get paid $10 simoleons. And even the next day I get paid $10 simoleons. I have her work from home cuz as a streamer myself that's what we do. No point in sending her "to work" when she works from home LOL Please fix this! My poor sim would be out on the street if it wasn't for her dad being a successful writer haha

oh! and even when she streams, it doesn't ever finish the task (down on the bottom left hand corner where the green circle fills up with the task). It stops filling up green and just stays there until i que her up to do something else like eat or bathroom and ONLY then does it complete the task. If i try to cancel it even if the green bar is filled, it won't count as finished in her work task! She ends up infinitely streaming if I don't que her up for something else.

Message 6 of 10 (23,087 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Video game streamer career: Unable to livestream unreleased gam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have this issue - has anyone resolved it yet?? 

no option to complete the task on the computer only to livestream normally

(MAC player) 

Message 7 of 10 (19,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@ma33arUse the "Livestream The Sims Infinite" or "Crypt Creeper"
as a work around untill the sims team change the wording to be correct. (as the games cant be played only livestreamed which means in lore they are unreleased @crinrict Any chance you can mark this as [WORKAROUND] ? 

Message 8 of 10 (19,008 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I used the work around, it works for sims infinite 😊

Message 9 of 10 (16,586 Views)

★ Guide

Same. I think I tried both Crypt Keeper and The Sims Infinite.

Message 10 of 10 (4,731 Views)