by TabrisElfLover

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Teens randomly stop taking exams

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow teens to high school on exam day and get them to take their exams.
What happens when the bug occurs? The active teens randomly stop taking the test and leave their desk to do something else (e.g., work out or grab water)
What do you expect to see? Teens should not stop taking the exam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have two teens in the same household and always follow them to high school. Whenever they're taking an exam, there is a chance at least once per exam when they will drop the action to work out or get water, regardless of their mood or their needs. It might happen more often after getting a chance card during the exam (rely on skill or wing it). This only happens during exams; they never drop the action to take a class, even if their needs get low.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (7,892 Views)

Re: [HSY] Teens randomly stop taking exams

Hero
@Varasek I've seen this too.

Just putting the workaround here if anyone is not aware:

- Best to make sure needs are all up before going into exam (that doesn't guarantee no distractions but it's better.
- Watch your Sim
- When they get up, cancel the interaction immediately
- Click on the white board and have them continue with their exam.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (7,874 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I've had that quite a bit as well. Personally, it was sometimes a fun challenge... like you really had to keep your eye on them as they constantly had pop ups wanting to do other things. For instance, my teen was a freegan and I put a dumpster on the lot... During a few exams he'd constantly get the pop up to go dumpster diving so the exam kind of became an interactive clicker game for me. I didn't really mind because it gave me something to do instead of just sitting there watching them or trying to fast forward through it.  

Message 3 of 16 (7,867 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThanks.

I've noticed that the actions are very inconsistent. I currently have two sims go to high school. One of them had an almost full bladder bar and still got an action to go to the bathroom in the middle of the exam, while the other one's need was in yellow and didn't get the same action during the same exam.

Message 4 of 16 (7,792 Views)

Teens Won't Finish Exam

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current Version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Snowy Escape, Get Together, Cottage Living, Highschool Days, Dine Out, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just get to a Friday (exam day) on a teen sim, follow them to school then wait for class to start
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen starts off with doing the exam like everyone else but then immediately starts trying to do literally anything else unless I cancel the action and force them to keep doing the exam. I'll get a pop up for them wanting to go do something on the computer or go exercise or read, etc. when they're suppose to be doing the exam.
What do you expect to see? The exam being done without unprompted interruptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's only the player controlled teen that this happens to. All the NPC teens are doing the exam just fine without getting up suddenly to leave class early. So I have to sit there and have my mouse hovering over the actions bar to cancel out anything that pops up or else my teen will stop doing the exam and just leave the class to go do something else. This is also happening regardless of my mods.

I get it, exams suck but come on dude, I need you to get good grades.

Message 5 of 16 (7,292 Views)

Re: Teens Won't Finish Exam

This happens to me too. I wondered at first if it was by design-- like, we have to keep the sim focused on the exam, not going to do something else, and that's part of the game-- but it doesn't really seem to make sense because why would that be the only element of in-class gameplay included?

Message 6 of 16 (7,261 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Teens randomly stop taking exams

★★★★★ Guide

Same here, if you don't play with the option to turn off autonomy for selected sim they will get up and walk away. If you play with multiple sims it will be a frustrating, failing experience.

Message 7 of 16 (7,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Varaseksame! I have  7 teens that go to school, and they all wanted to get up to do other things, than do the exam. It's very annoying.

Message 8 of 16 (6,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This problem is not isolated to testing.  I have a teen who graduated early.  Whenever I try to study, write, or do most anything, she stops to read a book.  This issue seems to be worse when speeding up the game.  So I ran on normal speed for a while and now she isn't doing it anymore. 

Message 9 of 16 (4,625 Views)

Sims leaving the classroom while taking exam.

★★ Novice

The Sims 4: High School Years.

Can you fix Teen Simmer to not leaving the classroom to do other things while they are taking exams? bacause EA can let Simmer do normal homework without do other things.

Message 10 of 16 (4,244 Views)