by leeb626

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Sims come home from after school activity when on another lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Seasons, University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not an expert
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim sent back home instead of going to work or activity
What do you expect to see? To be able to correctly send my send my sim to school and work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My teen is a cheerleader and a simfluencer. If she is not at home before she leaves for either or, the game will still “send” her but she just arrives back at home a minute later. I’ll still get the notification that she was sent, but she really wasn’t. But my performance goes down cause she didn’t actually go. The only way she can attend one another is if she is already home, before she goes. She cannot be anywhere else BUT home before going to work or cheerleading. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 48 (4,846 Views)

Re: Teen Work and Activity Bug

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 48 (4,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict ok!
Message 3 of 48 (4,798 Views)

Hero
@leeb626 Do you have this issue only if you use the HSY after school activity and jobs or also if you use the scouts and some other part time job ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 48 (4,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict only the HSY jobs and activity
Message 5 of 48 (4,785 Views)

Hero
@leeb626 And this only occurs if she is in both. If she has just an activity/job it doesn't occur ?

Sorry for all the questions but it sounds similar to other bugs we have threads for already and I just want to make sure it's different enough.

I currently can't test myself-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 48 (4,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict correct!
Message 7 of 48 (4,768 Views)

Cheerleading after school activity

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a teen into afterschool activity to be at school. Then when activity starts she or he gets teleported back home with negative points added
What happens when the bug occurs? As stated above teen goes home instead when it starts from school, activity is over and time went forward. Added negative points up to a point where my sim gets kicked off the cheerleading team
What do you expect to see? If I very very quickly get my sim home before activity begins it acts normal. I would love for my sims to be able to have live practise at school or have the same acting when I first go home and then to the activity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I stated above my sims teenager will be at school when the activity starts and she leaves to go to it. However I get a loading screen and she goes home and when I enter the house I went forward in time and my school activity is more negative then when she was before that. The only time once when I didn’t have it is when I went straight home after school and the activity popped up. It’s a shame because it feels like this is the only bug (luckily) I came across. 

however on the side note I do feel like compared to the trailer the cheerleading feels misleading. I thought it would be an active play and not like a side job where you don’t join your sim. There’s never any cheerleaders except once every 2 weeks and the school feels not as impressive as shown in the trailer. I wish there was more to it with such a big sport field. 

Message 8 of 48 (4,790 Views)

Re: Cheerleading after school activity

Hero
@MisssPancakes Is your Sim also in a career ? Basically sounds the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Teen-Work-and-Activity-Bug/m-p/11678304 but that user says it's only occurring if they are also in a career.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 48 (4,776 Views)

Re: Cheerleading after school activity

★★ Novice

This is happening to me, too, and I'm not in a career. Frown

Message 10 of 48 (4,758 Views)