[FIXED] [HSY] Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being Cured

by t6j3irnfhwu8

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being *

★★★★★ Apprentice

Extremely tedious bug. The moodlet keeps coming back after conquering the fear. Every time my sim is outside, even during the day, it will come back.

Message 61 of 137 (2,960 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ocelleot That actually fixed it! Finally no more annoying afraid of the dark issue! Thanks!
Message 62 of 137 (2,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. My sim continued to be scared of the dark long after I solved the issue. She currently isn't afraid of anything, but is still running around like she's terrified of something despite having a confident moodlet saying she conquered her fear. My sim is a master Gardener and this weird paralyzing fear makes it impossible to tend to her garden. This needs to be fixed

Message 63 of 137 (2,746 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue, my child was scared of the dark, got cured but keeps getting the moodlet. I don't own HSY so I'm assuming it's not related to the pack.Fear.png

Message 64 of 137 (2,476 Views)

★ Guide
@t6j3irnfhwu8 Same here. I've had two sims gain the "fear of the dark", conquer it, and keep having 'attacks' of it (for lack of a better phrase). They do not have the moodlet 100% of the time, but it comes back every couple of days. I've tried resetting one of them, but it does nothing.
Message 65 of 137 (2,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just wanted to chime in and say that I’ve had this exact issue with one of my sims. I believe I got lucky and managed to do away with the fear of the dark bug by chance. Initially my sim developed fear of the dark, then had the “become confident outside at night” want, and when I fulfilled that, he “overcame his fear”, but the fear of the dark moodlet persisted outside during daylight hours and at night. Ultimately my sim happened to re-develop the fear of the dark trait by chance again, and then I purchased a fear-be-gone potion with aspiration points and used it to get rid of his fear of the dark. By some miracle, that worked, and the bug disappeared altogether.

This is of course entirely anecdotal and may not work for anyone else, but I wonder if you’re stuck with a sim with the fear of the dark moodlet with no fear of the dark trait if you might use cheats to give your sim the fear of the dark trait again, then try to cure it with the fear-be-gone potion? I haven‘t tried it using cheats myself, since as I said, I got pretty lucky, but I feel like it’s worth a shot. Just wanted to give my two cents, since I had to deal with that bug for quite awhile, and it was really obnoxious. Good luck! 

EDIT: I just read back about how some people have already tried adding the fear via cheats and tried curing it with the potions; my friend also reported having the same problem even after attempting that solution. Evidently her sim also re-developed fear of the dark naturally w/o cheats, and even then using a potion didn’t fix the bug, so I’m honestly not sure why it worked for me Frown On the off chance that I happen to find anything new, I’ll keep y’all updated. 

EDIT AGAIN: My friend ultimately just installed a mod to remove individual sim moodlets in order to deal with the bug. It isn’t ideal, but it at least works, so if anyone else is interested in using the mod in the meantime, until the bug gets patched, here’s a link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068

Message 66 of 137 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

currently also struggling with the fear of the dark. I even tried equiping the fear again and curing it again in the hopes it would stop. now Im more frustrated that its still there instead of enjoying playing the game. disabling wants/fears also does nothing and potions also do nothing. 

Message 67 of 137 (2,330 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@t6j3irnfhwu8 i have this too and it makes the game unplayable
Message 68 of 137 (2,157 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh good, someone else reported it. I was getting so annoyed of having this fear constantly, and the best thung is, can't even take the potion because it says there are no fears...whether it is day oe night, in hosue or not, the fear is always there

Message 69 of 137 (2,008 Views)

Can't remove fear of the dark

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling, Move Night, Kids Room Stuff, Cottage Living, Laundry Day, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Luxury Party, First Pet Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Little Campers, Desert Luxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have child become afraid of the dark (from monster under the bed, etc.), then try to get rid of the fear.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child's fear of the dark will not go away, even when wants and fears are turned off.
What do you expect to see? Turning off wants and fears should remove the child's fear of the dark. The child should not be afraid outside in the daytime.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Wants and fears update

Child's fear of the dark will not go away, even when wants and fears are turned off. The child always becomes scared outside, even in broad daylight. The trait does not appear in the child's personality traits. "Conquering fear" by gaining the confident moodlet outside does not remove the effect. Cheats (remove_trait) do not remove the effect, nor does equipping the trait and then removing it again.

Message 70 of 137 (1,921 Views)