by Roseadoodle

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Selfies and Take picture with not centring properly

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyles, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Taking a selfie or a picture with on the phone and roll through a number of the options to find the new poses, that came with, High School Years.
What happens when the bug occurs? A number of the new selfies and Take picture with options, that came with High School Years, cut off the sims face on the left side of the shot. The camera angle has very limited movement to the left side of the frame, but not to the right. There is also an issue with sims being too far apart in the, Take a picture with, option, on some of the poses.
What do you expect to see? The shots can not be centered on the sims faces. The left side of the shot is cut off and there is space on the right where there is no sim. I expect to be able to center the camera on the sims face and in the case of two sims, get both sims faces in frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have added two screen shots to illustrate the problem

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (6,005 Views)

Re: Selfies and Take picture with not centring properly

★ Guide

I have the same issue I wasnt sure if it was a bug or not, my selfies turn out the same as the screen shots you attached

Message 2 of 13 (5,961 Views)

Re: [HSY] Selfies and Take picture with not centring properly

★★★ Guide

Idk if this is a bug because the Gurus were commenting on it in the livestream, basically to the effect of "Oh it cuts off their faces a little", not like "Oh this shouldn't be happening".

Message 3 of 13 (5,793 Views)

★ Guide

This is not limited to the HSY pack as the selfies/photos update came in the base game update.

Most of the poses cannot be used from what I have seen as when two sims are taking a selfie, often only one is in frame.

If this is not a bug, this is a clear oversight.

Message 4 of 13 (5,754 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Roseadoodle Same issue! I wasn't sure if it's intentional or not but it definitely makes for some awkward angles for sure.
Message 5 of 13 (5,733 Views)

Your own camera does not accommodate your own selfie poses

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Gp 01 05 06 08 Ep 01 03 04 05 06 07 10 11 Sp 14
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any sim use their phone to take a selfie with someone else
What happens when the bug occurs? Simple. You introduced a feature and failed to make sure it worked properly. The phone camera is zoomed in way too much. The frame will not fit the sims on any pose you offer.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sims to fit properly in the frame or the ability to zoom out manually to fix your mistakes. YOUR poses should work on YOUR phone feature. Why would you make this feature without the ability to zoom out then make it so no one fits in the frame?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pretty sure this feature was introduced with HSY so it started then. Upon release. Go figure

As always, we have a feature that does not work properly. These are not cc poses. They are yours. You didn’t think to maybe make sure the sims fit in the frame before releasing these features? Ridiculous yet not surprising at all

Message 6 of 13 (5,078 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Selfies and Take picture with not centring properly

★★ Pro

This is not really a major issue (esp. compared to walking to the furthest sink possible to wash hands after using toilet or that garden plants keep reverting to dirt piles each time you reload the lot) but it's still annoying. Like what is the point of adding content/features that aren't usable to players? It's cumulatively a Lot of time wasted, first devs creating it and then us seeing it in game and skipping through all the unusable poses after finding out that we can't move the camera to make the framing work. Who needs a pose where only the nose and mouth of one of the sims is visible? It's just unprofessional to release content like this.

Message 7 of 13 (4,978 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Roseadoodle I have the same issue!!! I thought it was a mod or something, but yeah, it has nothing to do with mods! Tested!
Message 8 of 13 (4,666 Views)

★ Guide

Can we get any update or transparency on this issue? Has the team seen it? This bug makes the new selfie poses completely unusable, really disappointing as a legacy simmer.

Message 9 of 13 (3,961 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So is this going to get fixed or.......?

Message 10 of 13 (3,507 Views)