by RealEstate0fMind

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Never invited to parties

★★ Novice

I'm also still having this problem.

Message 21 of 120 (5,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

I never had an invite to a college party since downloading the high school pack.  I just got my sim grounded then sent her to a soccer game.  Of course that didn’t count but it was the only sneaking out I could get.  Of course in sims 3 this wouldn’t be a problem, there were party invites all the time.  EA please stop screwing this game up 

Message 22 of 120 (4,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, got the pack at release, i have tried 7 times with 1 teen, 2 teens, and even 3 teens. In my last save, one of my teens managed to be prom queen, has a lot of friends with great friendship level and is a cheerleader. She nor any of my other teens was never invited once to a party... The only thing I get is dates but you can't sneak out. Had to give up on the aspiration altogether and switched to the teen icon one.

Message 23 of 120 (4,890 Views)

★★★ Novice
@mariannegrrr Hi everyone ! I have found a mod that solved this problem, it is called Dynamic Teen Life (requires base game and parenthood, and for some optional packages some other pack that i don't remember right now) and it guarantees that your sim will have at least one party invitation each weekend !
So if some of you wanna do the party animal aspiration this could help you until EA eventually fixes the problem some day
Message 24 of 120 (4,803 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It would appear that I also have this bug ... seeing as how I didn't even know being invited to parties was a feature of the game.

My teens have never been invited anywhere (prom included, even when they have maxed relationships with ALL fellow students and/or partners).

Seriously, EA .... it's time to get it together.

Message 25 of 120 (4,734 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug

Message 26 of 120 (4,693 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too. It1s really, really annoying. I didn't pay loads of money for a product that doesn't work.

Message 27 of 120 (4,604 Views)

★ Pro

I thought I wasn't getting any invites because I play rotationally. But, after playing a vanilla test game -- set to Normal Lifespan -- taking a child from toddler to young adult and not getting one single invite -- even after drinking a so called "Potion of Youth" to give it few more opportunities to show up -- I think it needs some tuning. If it's part of an Aspiration it can't be so "random" that it NEVER happens. 

Message 28 of 120 (4,504 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's just my suspicion, but in order to get invited to anything in HSY, you have to actually live in Copperdale. When HSY came out, I started a household in Brindleton Bay and my teen had never gotten invites of any sort even after one whole sim year (that's 16 weeks) . When I placed my household in Copperdale, the invites suddenly started. However, I do agree that party invites should occur more frequently.

Message 29 of 120 (4,002 Views)

★★ Novice

same here. it's the only aspiration i have left and i don't want to cheat because i actually want to do it. been playing on long lifespan for 2 teen life stages, got zero invites. my sim is max friendship with literally every other teen.

Message 30 of 120 (3,945 Views)