Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Never invited to parties

by DracuAlice2017

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I was playing with aging off, so that's why the many weeks. There were times where about 3 weeks passed and no invite to anything.

Message 11 of 120 (8,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play on PS5 and I have the same problem with this aspiration. 

Message 12 of 120 (8,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just chiming in to say I'm also having this problem on PC, no mods, and it's pretty ridiculous. I got one invite the very first week while my sim was at prom (p.s. prom every single week is sucking the everloving life out of me) but couldn't do anything about it and have not gotten a single invite since. Sim currently has 56 friends, so ... that's not the problem ... 

This whole expac is so busted. Confused

Message 13 of 120 (8,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. My teens have tons of friends but they've never received an invite after a month of playing this pack. Disappointing because I was excited to use this feature Frown

My two cents, it's a little annoying that you have to wait for a call to sneak out and there's no other way to do it, not even a way to cheat + force a call.

Message 14 of 120 (8,288 Views)

★★★ Guide

@isabelle_fh13 What's also annoying is that if your teen has an A in school, they're practically bombarded with phone calls from strangers saying that the teen can graduate early. It's like, "I get it. I can graduate early. Leave me alone!" Wish they would dial down the constant early graduation texts and ramp up the sneaking out calls. I love when my teens get A's, but with the constant calls about graduating early, it makes me want them to have B's and C's so I don't get spam called for graduating early.

Message 15 of 120 (8,242 Views)

★★ Guide

I am getting this too and it's really annoying in that once in a blue moon the invites trigger but it's never the right KIND of sneak out for the aspiration. (It needs to be either Hang Out or College Party.) I either do not get any invites at all in a normal lifespan (about 21 days) or I get it once, and it's never the right one I need. 

Message 16 of 120 (8,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah, this one feels way too hard to be the first part of an aspiration.. Also can be impossible to complete depending on your sims living situation and what your life span settings are.

I believe you specifically have to design your house to be "snuck out of" if you don't have the sneak out window or trellis then how are you supposed to "sneak out'. 

If you start as a teen in a later generation, the kids you go to school with will change almost daily so you can't build up enough friendships to hope to get an invitation to a party. 

If your teen is homeless or lives alone, there's obviously no one to sneak away from. 

Short and normal lifespan have very little chance of being invited to a party. 

the rest of the challenges in the aspiration look really fun and would be fun to do, but this one part of it is an aspiration killer. You have to actually rely on RNG to get an invite and if you are on a lifespan time limit there is nothing you can do to quicken the process. 

Message 17 of 120 (8,141 Views)

★★★ Guide

@vyvexthorne I'm not sure if the house has to be designed to sneak out. I've gotten invites when I didn't have the window. Clicking on the ground outside let's you go to a party/outing and it counts as sneaking out. So long as you didn't ask for permission.

You can also sneak out when it's just a teen in the house. My main household where I was playing HSY, it was a runaway teen and he was invited to a bunch of outings/party and was able to sneak out. Doesn't make sense, but won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Message 18 of 120 (8,119 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DracuAlice2017 Cool, Glad it works that way. I've actually never had the invite pop up so I wasn't sure. I spent 3 in game weeks trying to get this aspiration. Had to use a potion to keep my teen sim from aging up. Switched to the Goal Oriented aspiration after that because at least I know I can complete that one.
Message 19 of 120 (8,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is still a problem.

September 12th

Message 20 of 120 (7,923 Views)