Sims are asking a toddler to be in a relationship.

by joliiiz

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] NPC relationship questions targets active Sim instead of intended

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household where a parent has romantic points with an NPC and the NPC is visiting the house
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen sim came home from school and immediately got a pop-up from his mother's love interest asking to be his boyfriend. The teen and adult NPC have 0 relationship at all.
What do you expect to see? I assume the NPC intended to ask the teen's parent to take their relationship to the next level, but the bug made them ask the son instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch on 08/02/22

I have a feeling the game meant to make the NPC ask the MOTHER sim to enter a relationship but since I had the son selected when he came home it asked him on accident. Very creepy situation having mom's potential BF suddenly ask to be her son's BF instead even though they technically haven't even met yet. Confused

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 20 of 50 (3,059 Views)

Sims are asking a toddler to be in a relationship.

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, High School Years, Seasons, Island Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Cottage Living, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Dream Home Decorator Game Pack, Vintage Glamour, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? First of all, my Sim's friend visited their residence, went to my sim's toddler, asked to be their girlfriend, and later on asked to be married.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the toddler says no, they would be sad or hurt. There is also no option to break up as toddlers are toddlers.
What do you expect to see? No sims are no longer able to ask toddlers or children to be in a romantic relationship with them, since it is highly inappropriate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot of a sim asking a toddler to be married.

Message 1 of 50 (3,389 Views)

Adult sim proposed to minor sim

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High school years, seasons, university,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It was random
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult proposed to minor
What do you expect to see? This to not happen at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Adult NPC proposed to my teenage sim. 

Message 2 of 50 (3,092 Views)

Toddlers getting engaged

★★ Novice

Adults are asking toddlers to get engaged. 

Message 3 of 50 (3,100 Views)

Re: Toddlers getting engaged

★★★★★ Guide

@MinetteVZ1234 wrote:

Oh no!

Any mods?

Message 4 of 50 (3,096 Views)

★★ Novice
@khitteh I have MC Command center installed.
Message 5 of 50 (3,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MinetteVZ1234 wrote:
@khittehI have MC Command center installed.

You have it updated to latest version?

That mod -shouldn't- be allowing toddlers to do anything like that (it's definitely never happened in past game versions), so guessing if your mod is updated then this is another of those weird and random relationship advancement bugs.

Actually how did this happen?

Did they make a phone call or was this something that got asked in person?

Message 6 of 50 (3,087 Views)

★★ Novice

Even if Mod is disabled it still occurs. The mother is in a romantic relationship with the other sim. The Other sim was at my house and walked up to the toddler and asked to get engaged. I first thought he asked the mother so I agreed. And then I got a notification that the toddler is now engaged. I am updated to the newest version of the game. Version 1.90.375.1020Sims 4 bug.jpg

Message 7 of 50 (3,145 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MinetteVZ1234 This is... really disturbing...
Message 8 of 50 (3,138 Views)

Community Manager

@MinetteVZ1234 wrote:

Heya, 

Thanks for the report. I've merged your post here for tracking purposes. 

EACade
Message 9 of 50 (3,129 Views)