Re: [HSY] Graduation Not Showing on Calendar - Prom Works

by ValFreya13

Original Post

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom/Graduation not working/not in calendar

★★★★★ Novice

Yep same here. Prom is showing up now in my calendar and also only once lol. But graduation still isn't.....

Message 11 of 67 (5,176 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@rebeccah101 Even after playing a few weeks in game? Was wondering since prom still happened, even though it wasn't showing up in the calander. So I was wondering if graduation would be the same.
Message 12 of 67 (5,293 Views)

★★ Novice

No graduation for me... prom every Saturday and an A student, still graduation never shows up nor happens. :/

Message 13 of 67 (5,265 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jadbart I am also having this issue. I had to turn off aging, otherwise, my sims would age up before they could graduate from high school! I am not sure what to do... They called the update "High school never ends" but I didn't think they meant this!
Message 14 of 67 (5,235 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I've just read that graduation occurs as young adults, not teens, and that's why we can't see it in the calendar. I have not tested this myself yet.

Prom worked once I removed mccc prior to hotfix and set ageing off. 

Message 15 of 67 (4,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes and no. I started a new game and Prom then showed up. But graduation is still missing..so I honestly don't know if its worth it

Message 16 of 67 (4,853 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just figured that out, and I just tested it, and it was a disappointment.

At first I just stopped aging my Sim on her birthday and let her keep going to school because I couldn't figure out how to do graduation. Someone told me you had to age up, so I did-- and she got a message that her diploma would be in the mail immediately after aging up.

No graduation ceremony, no option... I don't know if it was because she aged up on a Sunday or what. She had been getting messages that she was eligible for early graduation, which I declined because I wanted to do the whole ceremony. I'm wondering what triggered the glitch-- turning off aging? Getting the early graduation notice (even though I canceled it)? Aging up on a Sunday? Something else? 

Anyone else have this, or should I make a bug report for it?

Message 17 of 67 (5,229 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Graduation Not Showing on Calendar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have also had this issue with my game. It came time for my Sims' birthdays so I aged all three teens up (two are supposed to graduate) and it gave me a pop up with one of them saying a graduation ceremony would be scheduled on the calendar in the coming days. They aged up on a Friday and I waited all the way until Monday but no ceremony, not even showing one on the calendar. I have tried several things to make it work. I tried not throwing a birthday party, I tried turning off Get Famous which a different forum suggested, I tried deleting all the holidays from my calendar and nothing is working. Thankfully I saved before aging them up (because I wasn't sure how the ceremony works since the game is new) but now I can't play the family until the bug is fixed or some sort of solution is thought of. The only other thing I can think of that I haven't tried is allowing them to age up on their own, no cake or anything, but I've lost patience with this right now to try it if someone else wants to. I should also mention I have no Mods in my game either.

Message 18 of 67 (5,113 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ValFreya13 I discovered that graduation only appears after your sim ages up. So, if you don't let them age up, you'll never see it on the calendar.

It will appear on a Sunday, and in my game I had to click on that day to see it because it was covered up by the Starlight Accolades.

So if you have other packs in your game, other events will make it difficult to see the graduation. Just click on the following Sunday and it should be there.
Message 19 of 67 (19,913 Views)

★★★ Novice

I aged my sims up on a Friday and waited until Monday but didn't get any graduation ceremony. I checked on the calendar and nothing showed on Sunday, I even tried turning off Get Famous because I also had the Starlight Accolades happening on a Sunday but still no graduation. 

Message 20 of 67 (5,160 Views)