Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Constant pop up messages asking to prom or to be bff’s

by Lumiasta

Original Post

★★ Guide

This is both excessive and inappropriate and targeting wrong sim.

My sim aged to young adult and moved out, she's now living on her own. She traveled to visit her parents and siblings. One of the teen siblings is in romantic relationship with Sidney Price. The played sim is just friends with Sidney, no romance whatsoever. 

Teen Sidney rushed to the house, and asked my young adult to go to prom with him. Obviously I said no. Then my sim went inside to bake a cake and before the cake was ready, Sidney had asked her to the prom two more times. I left after eating a slice, so no idea if it would have kept on going.

So in this case the amount of prom-request popups was excessive. It was targeting the played sim instead of the currently-unplayed sim living in the lot the played sim was visiting. It was also age-inappropriate since the targeted played sim was young adult, and Sidney is a teen.

Copypasting this in a couple of threads since it has several separate issues all together.

Message 21 of 45 (2,508 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm so glad im not the only one with this issue... I've tried locking the door for everyone but household members (and have all of the no trespassing options on) I even have the private dwelling house trait hoping one of them would stop it but nope they just keep coming every 5 minutes...

Message 22 of 45 (2,491 Views)

★★ Guide

Same sim, same problem, although I guess this isn't inappropriate, just weird. The sim's father keeps visiting her to ask her to be his best friend. 'n considering he's best friends with the sim's mother, I keep saying no. So now my sim has Creeped Out sentiment about her own father. Not ideal.

Message 23 of 45 (2,480 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I could live with the frequency (although it is annoying) but I can't deal with Sims busting into my house at all hours to ask to be BFFs or go to prom. As to the inappropriateness, I had an adult sim that my toddler had never met walk into my house uninvited to ask my toddler to be his BFF. This keeps happening and the toddler now has negative relationships with an increasing number of adults in town because they aren't going to be BFFs and the toddlers can't apologize. 

Message 24 of 45 (2,469 Views)

NPC constantly asking to be BFFs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 9.0
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs. All game packs except, warewolves, journey to batuu, strangerville and realm of magic. All stuff packs except paranormal activity and knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim of any age make friends of even just become acquaintances with a few sims. Watch as every 5 seconds NPCs are asking to be BFFs with my sims and if they say no they get a hurt sentiment even though they have only just introduced themselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims relationships are ruined because I don't want my sims to be best friends with everyone they meet including the principle.
What do you expect to see? Only sims who have a "good friends" level relationship are asking to be best friends because no joke it is every 5 seconds someone else is asking my sim to be besties.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When high school years came out/ the update before that.

not anything to show 

Message 25 of 45 (2,430 Views)

BEST FRIEND BUG - Too many best friends!

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all Expansion and stuff packs. Literally purchased and installed every additional content you have.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and play. Start chatting with people and make friends.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get people coming to ask me to be best friends CONSTANTLY. Like every couple of minutes or so. It's very frustrating because they'll come into my house uninvited just to ask and now I've got tons of enemies because I can only have one best friend. I literally had four sims asking my sim to be BFF at the same time one right after the other.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect this to only happen after I've reached a certain level of friendship and have interacted with this sim quite a lot. Or better yet, remove the thing entirely or at least make the penalty for saying NO Less hurtful. Or give me the option to have more than one best friend!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. As soon as I installed HIgh School years/got the newest update

Please tell me how to fix!

Message 26 of 45 (2,446 Views)

Re: BEST FRIEND BUG - Too many best friends!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It became such an irritating thing that I turned off the social Bunny.
And in the game settings the NPC relationship.

There are too many requests and on the first day of playing I got annoyed with it and turned it all off.

This was put in an extremely exaggerated way in the game.

Message 27 of 45 (2,425 Views)

NPCs Constaly Want To Be BFF/BF/GF!

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Non stop interuptions every where from Sims wanting to be BFF/BF/GF with pop up prompts.
What do you expect to see? A fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch and High School Years

So ever since the latest patch/DLC Sims are non stop spamming me everywhere I go even invading my house. Just to ask me to be BFF/BF/GF. If I reject they hate me and are embarrased/sad/angry. WHY?! I barely know half of them and they won't stop! I keep getting these. If I'm at work in Get To Work or at the nightclub or in highschool via High School Years or at home. Random people demanding me to like them or else they won't stop spamming me with pop up prompts. I tried messing with pack settings but it won't stop. I'm going insane and tearing out my hair.

Message 28 of 45 (2,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yas even on macbook pro its doing its so annoying because it messes up my gameplay and its annoying i try to build friendship and everyone hates my sim bc i rejected them.

(CM: Edited to remove ALL CAPS Spam.)

Message 29 of 45 (2,359 Views)

★★ Guide

Still with constant pop-up asking if I want to be best friends, even without having had much interaction. And if I say "no", it has a drastic and big negative effect. (I have all DLCs, no mods, PC Origin, Portuguese, v.1.90 xx).

Message 30 of 45 (2,185 Views)