Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Constant pop up messages asking to prom or to be bff’s

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all, every single one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a teen sim with atleast 3 or more friends or close friends and then go to high school. Probably should have a high social.
What happens when the bug occurs? You go to school and messages will constantly come at you from anyone no matter the gender, asking to be bff, gf/bf or to prom as a relationship or to prom as friends. All destroying relationships each time.
What do you expect to see? A sim ask you once a year for prom, or to be bf/gf and hopefully a sim your orientation is set to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch that allowed other sims to ask you to be bf/gf or to be bff or to prom as relationships or friends.

All I get the entire time I choose to play as my sims in their high school is constant pop up messages requesting we go to prom as friends or asking to be my gf/bf or bff making it very unplayable. My sim has high relations thanks to club gatherings but I don’t want proposals constantly ruining the relationships to a 0.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. added version number.

Message 1 of 45 (10,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Constant pop up messages asking to prom or to be bff’s

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

Is anyone still encountering this issue on the latest game version (without mods), Would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 45 of 45 (1,748 Views)

All Replies

Re: [HSY] Constant pop up messages asking to prom or to be bff’s

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with my adult sim. Lots of friends (people person life style). Constant pop ups for BFF, and when denied, the NPC sim goes away, comes back and asks again. its quite incessant. 

Message 2 of 45 (10,368 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue with my adult and child sims. I also have adults proposing to my child sims. No mods. Just all of the game packs, expansions etc. this happens on PC. I have not gone to high school yet, I’m a little afraid of the mess. Makes the game VERY difficult to play and enjoy. 

Message 3 of 45 (10,309 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have the same issue occurring on the PS4 console. Sometimes my teen sim's friends randomly show up to her house, walk right in without knocking on the door and asked her mother if they wanted to be bffs, even though they haven't met. A couple of sim hours later, another one of her friends popped over, and then asked her mother if she wanted to be bffs with him, and they haven't even met each other either. I had another one happened, except this time it was about going to the prom as friends. It became a common occurrance.

Please fix this, it's making me feel a little awkward that every teen that my teen sim meets wants to be either bffs or prom buddies with the parents that they haven't even met. I don't want to keep having to click on the 'No Way' button and get instantly disliked by every teen that gets turned down. The mother already has 4 teens who dislike her because she said no, and some of these teens keep asking her the same question, even after saying no to them. I don't want the mother to have a terrible reputation all due to being disliked by teens, lol. 

Message 4 of 45 (10,283 Views)

Hero
This thread is for the excessiveness of the interaction

If you have issues with weird questions regardless of age and existing status, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPC-Teen-asked-Adult-to-be-their-Boyfriend-Girlfriend/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 45 (10,236 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same issue, its 1-3 times ever sim hour and now I just say yes because saying now causes a lot of frustrating drama. I had one sim ask my sim 3 times in a row because she would do a mean interaction immediately after, lose the BFF somehow, then ask again. I had one sim with barely any friendship come ask to be my bff at the end of my school day

I wouldn't hate it if it didn't immediately cancel their current action or barge into my locked house and wake them up

Message 6 of 45 (10,163 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

OMG I'm not alone this is drive me crazy .... I like the idea npc more active towards my sim but not every minute.... 

Message 7 of 45 (10,125 Views)

★ Guide

My game has mostly had the asks come in the form of BFF requests, from teens my teen sim both knows and doesn't, and none have been friendly enough for my Sim to initiate the BFF ask themself. If I say no, it destroys the relationship, so I have to say yes, especially if they're not actually friends yet.

And like someone else here, teens have been entering my Sim's home without knocking. Send Home is present, but Ask to Leave is not. If I catch them before they ask, I can use Send Home to make them leave and they go without asking to advance the relationship and the existing relationship is not damaged. The world my sim is in is Willow Creek and the most recent Sim that walked in was Gemma Charm from RoM. She and my sim were not friends before she asked, but they had met.

I haven't had problems with the parents being asked yet, nor has my sim been asked by anyone they have not met. However, to complete aspirations, I've had my sim introducing themself to anyone and everyone first.

My sim did get one prom and one going steady request, but that was from an existing love interest I engineered. Their promposal was ruined by their love interest asking them to prom first, and then the next day asking to be their girlfriend, but I had wanted my sim to ask her to go steady at prom. Only that one sim has approached them with romantic requests so far.

Message 8 of 45 (10,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.61.36.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, High school years, kids room stuff, seasons, Spa day, spooky stuff, toddler stuff, vibing streamer gear digital content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have positive relationship bar or friendships with multiple sims
What happens when the bug occurs? This is the most frustrating bug of the game for me cause it constantly interrupts game play! I am getting constant pop ups from friends asking to be bffs...no option to just ignore, so it is ruining all my friendships every time I have to select 'no way'...i spent most of prom rejecting Sims and then making 'smooth apologies' to gain the relationship loss back...only to be asked by the same sim again half a sim hour later...one of my friends even walked into my house in the middle of the night and woke my sim up to ask to be bffs!! Literally no point in making more than one friend and bbf, cant progress other friendships and end up with bad sentiments from other Sims towards your sim and your sim having the creeped out sentiment towards every sim they have a friendship with that isn't their BFF...
What do you expect to see? Sims only to ask once (I am getting these pop ups multiple times a sim hour at all times of day and night) or an option to just 'ignore' that won't effect the relationship bar or sentiments between Sims...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after latest patch update and installation of High school years

This is the most frustrating bug of the game for me cause it constantly interrupts game play! I am getting constant pop ups from friends asking to be bffs...no option to just ignore, so it is ruining all my friendships every time I have to select 'no way'...i spent most of prom rejecting Sims and then making 'smooth apologies' to gain the relationship loss back...only to be asked by the same sim again half a sim hour later...one of my friends even walked into my house in the middle of the night and woke my sim up to ask to be bffs!! Literally no point in making more than one friend and bbf, cant progress other friendships and end up with bad sentiments from other Sims towards your sim and your sim having the creeped out sentiment towards every sim they have a friendship with that isn't their BFF...

Message 9 of 45 (10,011 Views)

Sims 4 New friends constant 'Best Friends pop-up' bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In games mode, during random day time hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? Newly met sims will show up randomly on your lot, let themselves into your house and a pop up box will ask you if you want to be their best friends (saying no negatively affects' relationship and adds negative sentiments, yes positively affects' it) or be their prom date (if sim is a teenager) During one day, I had 6 different sims do the same thing within an sim hour. It is really ruining gameplay currently.
What do you expect to see? Normal game mechanic, where visitors don't enter your house uninvited, and not everyone you meet wants to be your best friend or ask you to prom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patched, 1.90, released July 26, 2021

Two images attached

Message 10 of 45 (9,936 Views)