[OPEN] [HSY] [DU] [CoL] Team result notification appears as Fair notification

by callumBowyer

Original Post

Competitions in High School w/ notifications from fair (Country Living)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every expansion, every game pack except werewolves, every stuff pack except bowling, and a few kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? attending the football night or cheerleading night
What happens when the bug occurs? after you compete in the competition the judge gives you an award. The award will come up as a finch wick fair notification giving you eggs and a white ribbon. So far it has happened every time.
What do you expect to see? A high school years award not a farm fair award. It makes it confusing for gameplay instances.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. High school years install

I wasn't able to get any screenshots, however it happens every time. The judge from the fair even shows up and I think its weird cause the fair isn't even happening the same time as these events. I also wasn't able to find a forum with the same issue. Let me know if there is one. 

Message 11 of 49 (2,344 Views)

hsy cheer giving fair prize

★ Novice

My sims competed in the cheer festival, but then the notification I got said that "her egg got a participation trophy". There was nothing about cheer at all, and no trophy (fair or otherwise) were in the inventory.

Message 12 of 49 (1,760 Views)

Re: hsy cheer giving fair prize

Hey @JacksRose9,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 13 of 49 (1,745 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] [CoL] Team result notification appears as Fair notification

★★ Pro

Same here, it happens both on cheer day and american handball sports day. :/

Message 14 of 49 (1,696 Views)

Re: hsy cheer giving fair prize

★★ Apprentice

Yep! My sims literally got a egg and a white ribbon in her inventory instead of a trophy.

Message 15 of 49 (1,664 Views)

Missing Finchwick Fair ribbons appear at Highschool Years Sports Day competition

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batuu, Moonlight Chic, Modern Menswear, Incheon Arrivals, Industrial Loft, and Courtyard Oasis.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug is related to another bug. Submitted a ribbon at one of the secondary competitions at the Finchwick Fair. A notification for the results will not appear. Then attend the next Sports Day competition at Copperdale High.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the results of football throwing competition are announced the results from the Finchwick Fair will appear and ribbons and other rewards will appear in the inventory of the sims and household you are currently playing. These rewards are from several Finchwick Fairs from gameplay that happened months ago.
What do you expect to see? I expected the Finchwick Fair rewards to appear the same day as the fair. This bug has been in the game a long time. The rewards only appeared due to a bug from the Highschool Years pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Finchwick Fair rewards are being recieved at the Sports Day Competition. Two different expansion packs are being affected by a single bug.

Message 16 of 49 (1,671 Views)

★★ Novice

Same but it's the science fair. I guess it "works" but it made me laugh.

Message 17 of 49 (1,620 Views)

I had this too on football day-- and I didn't even get the ribbon that the notification promised me :/

Message 18 of 49 (1,614 Views)

Champion

I'm playing a German version of the game and it is always a Finchwick Fair pop-up.

Message 19 of 49 (1,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every EP, GP, SP and all kits aside from Carnaval and modern menswear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim attend any of the sports days, and give in the result to the required sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Receive notification about Finchwick fair milk/eggs results. 
What do you expect to see? The result is about the event it's about, ie cheerleading or football.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. But i've removed them, to check if it was a CC/Mod issue and it still pops up.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since the Highschool pack game out.

Message 20 of 49 (1,524 Views)