Re: Families with teens can't make holidays on Fri or Sat

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@MissLjupka Since installing HSY, I can only schedule custom holidays on Fridays and Saturdays in my vanilla game if there are no teens in the house, as the high school exams and prom don't appear for them. Same for the career days that happen on Wednesdays. If I have teens in the house I can no longer add custom holidays on those days, I've added a Me Too to the report already. Standard smile

@crinrict That's good to know re events, I hadn't tested for them, just for the custom holidays (and I expect the same is true for standard holidays, like Love Day which takes place on Fridays) and they happened with no problems and didn't get cancelled by the prom, just were temporarily hidden by the UI and then it came back when the prom ended, since it ends before 2 am. 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 11 of 19 (904 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MissLjupka No. Friday is a no go. I was able to do Sat once the prom disappeared from the calendar :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (883 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in househo

★★ Novice

I am having these problems too. Whether a bug or intentional, it completely steals away my Sims' weekends. I used to plan Halloween, Pride, and Spring cleaning on Saturdays. I would normally make summer all summer vacation. Prom should be an optionally goaled event, and could possibly be customized similar to the holidays.

Message 13 of 19 (837 Views)

Calender won't let me plan holiday on Saturday due to prom which is every week.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and plan a holiday on Saturday whilst playing on long lifespan.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm unable to have holiday on Saturdays due to High School Years having Prom being scheduled EVERY week.
What do you expect to see? I expect to use the calendar function from seasons as I have always done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Why is there no option to plan Prom event?

I thought Mods and CC had broken my calendar but set up a completely NEW SAVE with NO mods or CC and repaired my game and factory reset and it's still happening. 

The Cottage living events didn't break the calendar so why has High School Years?

I play on long lifespan with a each Sim year being from Winterfest/New Year's to the following Winterfest/New Year's.

The only option I can see is disabling High School Years completely which means 1. I've wasted my money and 2. I won't have access to any of the objects or CAS items.

This bug or game making decision has broken and ruined my play style. All the High School years events seem to have messed up the Calendar System and the team need to fix this. Was the game not play tested on all lifespans? Or with seasons compatibility?

Message 14 of 19 (824 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in househo

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. I cannot plan a goaled event because it says that there is a Goaled Excursion planned every single day, yet it doesn't show up on the calendar so there is no way for me to delete it. It's been impossible to complete the new Teen Aspirations. I've run into road blocks constantly. Anyone else?!

Message 15 of 19 (692 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is definitely annoying because it prevents you from having holidays on the weekend. I wanted to have Halloween on a Friday or Saturday, but can’t because of this.

Message 16 of 19 (595 Views)

High School Years breaks the calendar

★★★★ Apprentice

With High School Years, it is impossible to have a holiday on the weekend. I want to have certain holidays like Halloween on Friday or Saturday , but I can’t because of the high school “goaled events” That take up space on the calendar. This needs to be changed.

Message 17 of 19 (606 Views)

Re: [LL] [HSY] Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in household

★★★★ Novice

I've actually had these same issues even when there are NO TEENS in the household. And I have had issues with creating wedding events when there are HSY specific events scheduled. I have these events in EVERY HOUSEHOLD...REGARDLESS of teens in home or not. (Assuming it could be because of rotational gameplay -- but not 100% sure)

Message 18 of 19 (468 Views)

Re: [LL] [HSY] Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in household

Hero

Sims are now able to properly schedule holidays when they have a teen in the house. Scheduling family trips is already hard enough!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (464 Views)