by cosumeu

Original Post

[FIXED] [HSY] Cannot plan goaled events/holiday on Fri/Sat w. teen in household

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to and including High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with a teen sim. Open the calendar and check Friday, Saturday and Career day (it falls on different days). Notice the options for Add Event and Add Holiday
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot schedule holidays and goaled events on Friday, Saturday (or when it would overlap with Career day) if they have teens in the household. That means, for example, no goaled birthdays or "summer vacation" type holidays (holiday when sim have day off school) on these days
What do you expect to see? High School events don't interfere with planing parties or Holidays. One should be able to schedule a goaled party on a Saturday even if they have a teen in the household or at least be able to cancel/delete the Prom calendar event and schedule a different event or holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed High School Years

More context:

I have not tested this with wedding events. I expect it to be similar as it is affecting goaled events (parties and holidays) Wedding events are unaffected.

Holidays created by the game don't seem to be affected. They appear on the calendar but I haven't experienced a holiday that overlaps a High School event yet.

I can add holidays and events by removing the teen from the household, adding the events and the moving the teen back in. The events don't disappear from the calendar. 

Managed to set a new holiday and complete it and the Exams "goaled event" at the school.

The events that seem to block planning are: Exams (friday), Prom (Saturday) and Career Day (varies).

There is no sense to the restriction in the UI as you can have the events in the same day as long as they were scheduled when the household had no teens.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to include holidays 

Message 1 of 19 (6,043 Views)

Families with teens can't make holidays on Fri or Sat

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My Wedding Stories, My First Pet Stuff, and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to schedule a holiday or an event in the calendar--specifically on Fridays and Saturdays--while playing a family with a teen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ability to create a holiday on Friday and Saturday is always greyed out and the game says it's because there is already a goaled event. Sometimes the ability to create an event is also greyed out for the same reason; sometimes it is not.
What do you expect to see? Families with teens should be able to schedule holidays and events on Fridays and Saturdays.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Only happens with teens present, and only on Fridays and Saturdays.

Message 2 of 19 (5,983 Views)

Re: Families with teens can't make holidays on Fri or Sat

Message 3 of 19 (5,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What is your current game version number? PC: 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game & stuff packs. Missing a few kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try adding a holiday on a Friday or Saturday when you have teens in the household
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let you, it says there's already a goaled event (see screenshot)
What do you expect to see? I expect to still be able to plan holidays. It allows pre-existing holidays on those days to remain, including custom ones I've created.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after adding the High School Years expansion pack.

I can confirm that I see the same thing re adding holidays on Fridays and Saturdays to the calendar but only with HSY installed. I started a new save after the July 26 game update and I was able to add holidays on Fridays and Saturdays and after adding HSY I can't. I removed my mod folder, deleted local thumb cache and repaired my game before/after the July 26 game update and this is in a save that I started after the update, so has never had mods. I checked again today after the Aug 2 update and it's still the same. 

Here's a screenshot (just show the message for a Saturday, but it's the same for a Friday):

No description available.

My custom holidays that are scheduled on a Friday and Saturday were set up before I added HSY to the game. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

PC: 1.90.375.1020 all packs but a few kits 

Message 4 of 19 (5,946 Views)

Hero
I don't think this is a bug as such.

The holidays/goaled events would conflict with prom or the finals unfortunately.

A way around this were if they would at least let us delete prom. Probably not possible for finals.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (5,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you so much for your work and for taking care of all the bug reports, especially now it must be exploding with new bug reports... @crinrict Standard smile

If that is intentional, then this is very aggressively interfering with the calendar options, because that would mean, that from now on friday and saturday - practically the weekend - is now useless space in the calendar, because it is all reserved for HSY. This might be ok, if someone exclusively plays with teens or the highschool, but for players who love familygameplay but use all the packs and the High School gameplay is just a little part of the game it is very limiting. No more own holidays on friday and saturdays like weddings and familypartys. And school breaks are now simply impossible to schedule in the calendar, because friday is always off limits from now on because of exam every week. The freedom is being taken away with this restriction, so players are forced to play the HSY system over and over again, instead of being able to play freely without these forced limitations.

Also, Sims without any kids and teenagers now have also the calendar cluttered up with all the High School events, even the elders...that makes absolutely no sense at all. I get it, the calendar is universal for all sims living in the world, but for example some things are just showing for the actively played family, like birthdays or work days. So I would have expected that exams and proms would just show on calendars with teens in the house.It would have been possible because the calendar already has the feature to distinguish what is personal information for the active family and what is universal for all sims.

Everythings with this is just so frustrating to me, because if this doesn't get fixed, then I would have to throw away my well thought out calendar system, that brought me so much joy over the years - different school breaks for every season, free days, familyparties, weddings and weddings anniversarys. So sad...that prevents me from buying this pack, although I would gladly buy it for some other stuff it offers.

In my eyes this is a bug, so I hope that this gets fixed, the sooner the better. It somehow doesn't feel like a expansion of the game...more like a limitation of what we already have. Frown

Message 6 of 19 (5,834 Views)

Hero
So I did some testing and I do think something is off.

For me Prom disappeared from calendar the second week. I was able to make an event. I was then able to get prom to appear again with the changing age and they existed along each other.

I have no clue what the design is or how it's supposed to work. I don't know yet if both events are taking place or what will happen come Saturday.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (5,750 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I had a custom holiday set up for the Saturday that a prom occurred, since I'm playing 7 day seasons you can see it returning in the calendar I shared in a previous post. I had set up the custom holiday after the update (since it was a new save I set up after the update) but before adding HSY. My sims were able to complete both the holiday and the prom successfully, they didn't actually conflict (I remember because I was surprised that they worked together). 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 8 of 19 (5,708 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer I had my event now + the prom. The event was earlier. I just got a message telling me that if I go to prom the event will be canceled and all progress lost. .. So working well enough.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (5,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict and @MapleSimmer  Are you able to schedule new costom holidays on fridays and saturdays in your vanilla game, after you installed HSY?

Message 10 of 19 (5,634 Views)