Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Group Cooking: Sims just stands around

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, discover university, get famous, dine out, movie night stuff, spa day, parenthood, cats and dgos, seasons, get to work,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you try out group cooking. If you try to cook with a family member.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've tried this a few times but every time I try to cook a meal together with another family member, one of them just takes out a bowl or some cooking gadgets and just stands there while the other sim cooks the whole meal. Pretty sure they're supposed to cook together and not let only one of them do the job? Or is it because they have different cooking skill levels?
What do you expect to see? Both of the sims should cook and then form a whole meal in the end. If it cooking together they should cook together and not let just one of the sims cook while the other one just stands there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is the screenshot. Its not a really good one tho.

Edit By Crinrict: Added tag, Adjusted Title, merged thread with 6 me toos

Message 1 of 51 (13,245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim unable to cook since update 1.87

Hero

Um, wasn’t this supposed to be a group activity? When doing Group Cooking, all Sims will now participate.

Fixed in Patch 1.106.148/1.91

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (530 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cooking together - Issue

Hero
@oonanor Did you test without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 51 (13,228 Views)

★★★ Guide

What I've learned is there has to be enough counter space for them all to cook. In one house where I had two sims and one counter, one read a cook book while the other cooked which makes sense.. but add more sims into the mix and they all just sort of grab items to cook with and then stand around. 

Message 3 of 51 (13,192 Views)

Hero
Tights spaces can of course be an issue, especially if you don't have enough counter space for everyone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (13,165 Views)

Group cooking with children not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.77.131.1030 / Mac: 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, island living, seasons, cats and dogs, get to together, jungle adventure, parenthood, nifty knitting, tiny living, fitness stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child and adult do group cooking together
What happens when the bug occurs? The child stands there and does nothing whilst the adult cooks
What do you expect to see? The child cooking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living patch (patch 115)

When I try to get an adult to do group cooking with a child, the child just stands there whilst the adult does all of the cooking

Message 5 of 51 (12,916 Views)

Re: Group cooking with children not working

Hero
@Evierosalina You need a rather large kitchen and empty counter space for it to work properly. Do you have no issues with two adults on the same lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (12,906 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I have the same issue, the children are just a step behind and chat with mother or father but they don't cook. 

If I let 2 or 3 adult sims cooking it works .. a bit clunky with 3 Sims but it works. 

Message 7 of 51 (12,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, I don't have any issues when it is adults doing group cooking
Message 8 of 51 (12,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem except I can`t cook with my child sim at all, he doesnt show up in the "cook with", only other adults, I only have the "fox" challenge in my lot traits, not sure how to fix this Frown

Message 9 of 51 (12,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EvierosalinaI have this issue too. Sims just stand around while the one sim cooks, or only join in after the cooking is almost finished. Mostly sims just gather around the fridge for 10 minutes, stare into the air and wait for one sim  to take ingredients out of the fridge and finish cooking. 

Message 10 of 51 (12,744 Views)