Re: [OPEN] Group Cooking: Sims just stands around

by halloweenchild13

Original Post

★★ Guide

It's the same for me. I build an extra large kitchen with plenty of counterspace. Playtested it, everything works fine. But the cooking together animation is super frustrating, because the Sims just stand around. Maybe after the main Sim almost finished cooking, another Sim starts to join in just to stop in the next moment, because the cooking is over. 

In preperation, I send all my Sims in the kitchen, so they are near the fridge. Then I click on "Cook together" but it just does not work properly. There is too much idle time with Sims just standing around doing nothing.

When my Sim already cooks and I tell another Sim to join cooking, they will just talk to the cooking Sim, but will not help with cooking. Although there is the action "cooking together", nothing happens.

As a family player I was overly excited about this feature. It is so sad, that it doesn't work properly...

Message 21 of 51 (830 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@oonanor I'm having this issue too, I'm in a house with more than enough counters and the kitchen is big enough for both sims to fit comfortably inside to cook together.
The only thing that springs to my mind is that somehow MOO is interfering with the countertops, but I'm playing in a premade house where MOO wasn't used, to my knowledge anyway. :-/
Message 22 of 51 (785 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The same is still true for me. Any "Join Cooking" or "Invite to Cook" options only prompts the other sim to stand around and cheer on or clap for the other sim...who is cooking...alone.

Message 23 of 51 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too... Only one Sim starts cooking, others (one or more) gather to kitchen but only to stand there idly doing nothing to help.

Message 24 of 51 (552 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

April 2023...still.

Message 25 of 51 (469 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This issue is still there. Sims just stand around or join cooking too late and they basically don't have time to even stir something in the bowl.

Message 26 of 51 (404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this issue across my saves, only the first sim does any actual cooking, other sims just cheer them on.

Message 27 of 51 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@oonanor I had this problem in the starter house 30x20 in Foundry Cove in Willow Creek. I made the kitchen 1 square wider (so instead of 1 tile walkway it's 2) and I tore out the wall on the far side so it's open on the bathroom side as well as the bedroom side. Now my kid gets up on a stool and we both cook together.
Message 28 of 51 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for months and still is

Message 29 of 51 (211 Views)

★ Guide

I have never once, had sims group cook successfully...

Message 30 of 51 (204 Views)