by majimedi

Original Post

Re: Can't put candles or wedding toppers on cake

Hero
@lorelei5 I guess inviting a Sim to help makes it a group cooking :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 36 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictYes I did, and it didn't work. Even after disabling all my mods and CC. If I have the sim make the cake by themselves, it works fine however.

Message 22 of 36 (1,187 Views)

Hero
@CariY2206 Merging this then too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much for all your help!!! Standard smile
Message 24 of 36 (1,162 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I now realized I'm having the same issue as well. Yesterday I had my twins' birthday and had to bake two birthday cakes. The first one the mom baked with one of the twins with the new group cooking interaction but then afterwards I wasn't able to put birthday candles on the cake. I thought it was because the type of the cake (even though you're supposed to be able to put candles on any cake, right?). I got annyoed and then just made the mom make two cakes on her own and with them, I was able to put birthday candles. Now reading this I realized that it must've been because of the group cooking interaction. I don't use mods and never have.

Message 25 of 36 (1,143 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Group Cooked Cakes: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candl

★★★★ Guide

Same issue. My Sims cooked a cake together, and there's no option to add candles or the topper.

Message 26 of 36 (1,094 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Group Cooked Cakes: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candl

★★ Novice

I had this issue too. When a single sim cooked a cake (giving 8 servings), it worked fine and I could add birthday candles/wedding topper. If a group cooked the cake (giving 12 servings) I couldn't do it until 4 servings had been taken (leaving 8 like a normal cake is). Basically you can't add candles/wedding topper unless there are 8 slices.

I presume it is because cakes were designed to only have candles on if there were 8 slices, preventing sims adding candles after slices had been taken. However, now that you can have a 12 serving cake, it means you can't add candles/wedding topper.

Message 27 of 36 (1,064 Views)

Thanks to this thread, I discovered a workaround: have one sim "Pick Up Serving" 4 times, so that there are 8 servings remaining. The options for birthday candles and wedding topper then appear. Thank you!

Message 28 of 36 (977 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here, cooking a cake with two sims together created a cake with 12 pieces and no option to add candles. Cooked another cake with a single sim, the regular 8 piece one, and that works normally.

Message 29 of 36 (931 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh, I not the only problem with this, in a the middle of house birthday party event, I did a group cooking of a Honey Cake, then released couldn't get the option to add birthday candles so I presumed you can't use Honey Cakes as birthday cakes, what a shame, so I got a single sim just to a cook a Hamburger Cake without any group cooking involved as I know off and still no birthday options on that either, so I got 2 full cakes on the counter that I cannot add birthday candles too.

Message 30 of 36 (851 Views)