Re: Cakes Cooked by Group: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candles

by Alldara

Original Post

Re: Can't put candles or wedding toppers on cake

@Jessycaz  Same question to you: was the cake made by a group or a single sim?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 36 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also am having this issue. I normally play with mods and cc but I took those out of my game and even that did not solve the issue. I didn’t make the cake with a group. Only one sim cooked the cake and no matter what I do or where I put the cake, the option never appears. I’ve given up and I’m going to cheat to age up my sims because this is ridiculous. I was excited for this patch but there have been so many bugs in my game since I updated it. 

Message 12 of 36 (1,805 Views)

Group Cooking Cake doesn't function like Cakes

★★★★ Novice

Is this by design? My group cooking cakes have 12 pieces, which is good, but there is no option to "add birthday candle" or "wedding top". And eating a piece from it doesn't count towards the "eat cake" party goal.

Message 13 of 36 (1,803 Views)

Hero
@MsMisc Moved your post over to the group cooking issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 36 (1,777 Views)

Hero
For those having the issue with group cooking, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cakes-Cooked-by-Group-No-Option-to-Add-Wedding-Topper-or/td-p/...

Waiting for confirmation from OP to merge everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (1,486 Views)

★★ Guide

The cake was made by two sims cooking together. I had the birthday boy make another cake on his own and I could add candles to that one

Message 16 of 36 (1,570 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, but it ALSO happens when I bake a cake with just 1 Sim. 

Message 17 of 36 (1,510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, then after 4 pieces were consumed and the cake now has 8 pieces, and those birthday candle / wedding top options magically appeared!

Message 18 of 36 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jessycaz Moved your posts to the bug report then.

@Alldara I tested with 1 sim and had no issues. Which cake did you make ? Any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 36 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have no add-ons etc.

Happens to me every time more than one sim makes ANY cake. Including chocolate, hamburger, white, tiered black/white etc. Even if a sim starts cooking solo, then I make another sim join them, the bug prevents me adding any candles/toppers.

If a single sim makes the cake from start to finish, it works fine to add toppers and candles.

Message 20 of 36 (1,403 Views)