Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Group Cooked Cakes: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except the kits, Paranormal, Dream Home Decorator, and Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Sims cook a cake together and position cake in the center of a counter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cake is complete, but birthday candles and wedding toppers cannot be added, possibly because servings exceed the solo-cooked number (8).
What do you expect to see? When I click on the cake cooked together, I expect to see all of the possible interactions, including adding birthday candles or wedding toppers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the newest base game patch.

I think I've discovered a bug in the new base game update. While playing today, I located a bug with cakes cooked by a group, possibly because the number of servings (12) exceeds the original number (8). Even when cakes cooked by a group are positioned in the center of a counter or table, the "add birthday candles" and "add wedding topper" interactions do not appear. I appreciate your attention to this matter. Thank you in advance!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 5 of 36 (16,948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't put candles or wedding toppers on cake

Hero

Sims love baking cakes and they love baking and decorating them together with other Sims in a group. They didn’t love that they could not add toppers or candles to them though, but they can now. So have your Sims bake a cake, top it off, and eat it too.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 36 of 36 (11,420 Views)

All Replies

Can't put candles or wedding toppers on cake

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sims bake a cake, place the cake in the middle of the counter, click to select the cake and to toggle the interaction menu, realize the "Add birthday candles", and "Add wedding topper" options are no longer there.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to add birthday candles or a wedding topper is no longer an option since the most recent update with the ponds.
What do you expect to see? The option to add birthday candles or a wedding topper to a cake should appear in the menu when the cake is selected when said cake is placed in the middle of a table or counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After the most recent update with the addition of the ponds being added to the game, I noticed the option to add birthday candles or a wedding topper to cakes was missing. I had my sims bake more than one cake. Those cakes were whole, and placed directly in the middle of a table and counter tops in order to trigger the menu option. I've tried everything I can, and the option is no longer there.

Message 1 of 36 (16,665 Views)

Hero
@CariY2206 Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (16,661 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, I haven't but I can try. It's never happened before, but let me try now!!!
Message 3 of 36 (16,657 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It seems to be working again!! I thought it was the most recent update and patch to the game, but I just recently downloaded some new cc as well, so that must have been it. Thank you so much for your help!!! God bless you!!!
Message 4 of 36 (16,646 Views)

Re: Cakes Cooked by Group: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candles

★★★★ Apprentice

Just to add to this, the original cakes still work just fine, it's just when they're made using the group cooking method that the options aren't there.  And it's not that they're greyed out like when the cake isn't in the correct place (middle of table) they're just not there at all.

Message 6 of 36 (16,906 Views)

Hero
@CariY2206 Did you make the cake that wasn't working in a group ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (16,599 Views)

Birthdaycake

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, Seasons, Island living, cats and dogs, Parenthood, Outdoor retreat, nifty nitting, tiny living, moschino, toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You bake a cake together with two childeren, you place the cake on the middle of a counter or table then you click on the cake
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't have the option to put candles (or a weddingcake topper) on the cake.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the option to put candles on the cake for 15 simdollar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It occured after the update of 7-20-2021

I wanted to celebrate the birthday of one of my sims childeren. She baked a cake together with her mom and her little brother. When the cake was done, she, or any of the other members of the household couldn't put candles on the cake because the option wasn't there. It didn't matter where the cake was standing, in the middle of a counter, at the side, in the middle of a table or at the side of the table. 

When you bake the cake alone it works fine. 

Message 8 of 36 (16,887 Views)

Re: Cakes Cooked by Group: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candles

★★★★★ Apprentice
@majimedi I experienced the same thing. I tried to put it in the fridge, put it on surfaces I knew would work, nothing. I don't know if had to do with the new calendar or what. I'll try baking cakes just one Sim at a time. Hopefully that works... I want my Sims to age!!!
Message 9 of 36 (16,867 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't use mods (never have) and I have this issue in my game

Message 10 of 36 (16,701 Views)