Re: [OPEN] Grilled food is placed in sims inventory

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

Sims have started putting grilled food into their inventory on PS4 as of the 1.16 patch instead of placing it on a nearby surface.

Message 31 of 62 (1,451 Views)

★★ Guide

A few days ago (before the latest patch; haven't played since then) I noticed that even after I dragged the grilled food from the Sim's inventory to the fridge, whenever I wanted to instruct the sim to take a serving from that platter, I couldn't do so the same way we can for ordinary meals-for-eight.  I had to have them 'pick up serving,' & then the sim would automatically put the serving into their inventory.  Then I had to instruct them to eat the serving that was in their inventory.  After that, they'd manage as usual, but I had to watch like a hawk to be sure nothing interrupted them at any point, or I'd have to do one or all of the steps over again.  It's pretty tedious.

Message 32 of 62 (1,444 Views)

★★ Guide

This one is most definitely happening to me as well. At the Sim home and on community lots. Even though there are surface areas nearby. They don’t serve the plate. 

Message 33 of 62 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this issue

Message 34 of 62 (1,357 Views)

★ Guide

The Same here

Message 35 of 62 (1,322 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Mariaftw I think it's the patch. I've been having the same problem for the past month or so (PC, no cc or mods) and the only EP I have is Seasons.

It's frustrating when I direct a hungry Sim to grill some food then go pay attention to other Sims in the household for a while, only to come back to the first Sim to find that they're nauseated from eating spoiled leftovers and have a full platter of salmon or steak or what have you slowly rotting in their inventory.
Message 36 of 62 (1,302 Views)

★★ Guide

Here is a video showing this bug.

Message 37 of 62 (1,281 Views)

★ Guide

I've noticed the same thing and didn't even realize it was a bug. It's particularly bad in the Summer Holiday/Travis Scott/Liberty Lee household and the Karaoke Legends household in San Myshuno. I'll also find random spoiled cupcakes and such in their inventories.

What's worse is I've seen laundry piles show up from time to time as well. And lately my teen Sims have been leaving half-eaten meals in their inventories instead of out in the world.

Message 38 of 62 (1,268 Views)

★ Guide
@hestiah23 Exactly what is happening to me as well.
I'm new, it's happening in my base game. I don't have Island Living.
Message 39 of 62 (1,227 Views)

★★ Guide
@nickinbigd I don’t have Island Living as well.
Message 40 of 62 (1,219 Views)