Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Grilled food is placed in sims inventory

★★★ Novice

Having this issue as well.

Message 11 of 62 (1,817 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Oasis Springs single Sim on home lot.

I directed her to grill. She put food in her personal inventory instead if eating or putting the plate down.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 12 of 62 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Are we sure this is a bug? I noticed that in my game too, but I felt like it was a feature, Sims no longer place the grilled food down in the most random places but in the inventory. To be honest I am quite taken with that change. I thought maybe with island living and some hard reachable spots, that the inventory would make things easier. You can still drag it out unto the table if you want more sims to interact with it...

Message 13 of 62 (1,794 Views)

★ Guide

If it's a new feature, it's one EA didn't tell anyone about.

Message 14 of 62 (1,790 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Esmeria wrote:

Are we sure this is a bug? I noticed that in my game too, but I felt like it was a feature, Sims no longer place the grilled food down in the most random places but in the inventory. To be honest I am quite taken with that change. I thought maybe with island living and some hard reachable spots, that the inventory would make things easier. You can still drag it out unto the table if you want more sims to interact with it...

If intended then I am all for not having the community lots littered with green smelly inedible food.  :eahigh_file:
My poor (nearly) homeless Sims may need to be more inventive when it comes to mooching food Wink

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 15 of 62 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think it's a variation of the bug where they put food in inventory on home lots a while ago .. so yeah .. bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 62 (1,759 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening in my game as well, they cook the food and then it’s just placed in their inventory and what’s even more annoying is if i travel to work with my detective sim and then come home with him all the other sims in the house are obsessed with going to cook on the grill or they will have numerous plates of food that they cooked on the grill in their inventory while i was away. 

Message 17 of 62 (1,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I see this in my game too and it's really bad for when your Sims are using one of the grills in the world off lot, because you can't drag the food from their inventory onto any nearby picnic tables. If you have the Sim place the food platter in world, just about every time it ends up on the ground.

I'm also a little concerned about how this could bloat Sim inventories for unplayed Sims or even Sims in my rotation when I'm not playing them, since they're building up these food platters in their inventory.

Message 18 of 62 (1,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm getting this too. In house, in venues, in parks, everywhere there is a grill and hungry sims and yet plenty of surface area.

This is making events held off residential lots (particularly parks, where everything is grilled) a pain.

Message 19 of 62 (1,663 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

With my experience the Sims will put food in the inventory, floor or on the ground.

My Sims also won’t put the food on the pocket outer folding table.  Some of them won’t use the kitchen counter and will sit the food on the living room table.

Message 20 of 62 (1,652 Views)