[OPEN] Graphic Glitch with Curved Platforms

by PepperDee101

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Graphic Glitch with Curved Platforms

★★ Pro
@TKuk1aP The Sims 4 just has a problem with circular porches/platforms. Essentially, the game "sees" them as octagonal. If you put a foundation covering with a wide enough trim on them, it can cover most of the open area. Not perfect, but... Sims.
Message 11 of 31 (1,486 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still experiencing this issue in July of 2021. Every time 100%. Sims 4 PC 64bit, no mods, half of the available expansions.

Happens with rounded platforms and with rounded foundations. It's almost as if the game needs to recognize that the rounded spot is above floor tile below it rather than intersecting it. I understand that the game recognizes the footprint as having points when it should meet rounded, but I'm sure it's difficult to input rounded edges, hence the issue. I only wish it didn't remove tiles underneath it or prevent terrain tools from painting it. There's no filling in the gap, as these triangles extending from the footprint act as part of the rounded piece, omitting any modification of these triangles. At least make them function as ground and not just dead space? I don't know, it's just frustrating and ugly. There's plenty of photos in other posts that perfectly display the issue, so I won't bother with posting any. Would be great if I could bb.moveobjects an item to fill the space, but the items don't stay on base level if the rounded platform/foundation is higher and instead jump on top of it. Ugh. I need either a good work around or a patch, I'm losing my mind with this!!

Message 12 of 31 (1,437 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This one is really annoying it does my head in, I really want to make rounded platform stairs. Oh well I for one will just keep replying and be patient. Hopefully if we all work together and communicate frequently we'd grab the attention of the EA team and who knows they might already be working on it, sadly these things are more complex than a simple bug. We got the mirror glitch laundry listed and that took us over 9 months.

Message 13 of 31 (1,410 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got this problem too, can't believe it's not fixed yet.

Message 14 of 31 (1,339 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah this is super annoying. There's also something severely wrong with spandrels if you place them on rounded platforms. They often have coloration glitches and may not be removed if you try undo placing them. I don't have the patience to check if a bug report exists on that.. Anyway I came here to say this:

There's maybe a workaround for this! Try moving the platform from where you placed it if you see exposed terrain like in the images of the post #1. Use the arrows or lift the piece up and move it. Then eyedrop the flooring you want to use and place it on the area where you were seeing terrain next to the platform. Now move the platform piece back and it should look like the flooring around it! This worked for me and I was able to get rid of the grass patch inside.

Message 15 of 31 (1,297 Views)

★★ Pro

I didn't see a thread that I'd think would be more relevant so I'll just put this here. I'd say there are issues with everything rounded. I wanted to try this design for a staircase but as you can see, there's an issue with the flooring and rounded.. everything.

09-08-21_6-30-22 AM.png

Message 16 of 31 (1,258 Views)

Curved walls are still broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The curved walls that we have recently gotten are still broken. The curved foundations are not connecting properly to straight foundations or houses with straight walls. When setting down a floor, the curved walls have a jagged glitch not letting the floors properly wrap around/ reach all the way around the curved walls. The curved walls against or next to straight walls will not allow players to put objects next to the straight wall or curved wall. The curved walls will not allow you to put a staircase/stairway against them. The curved walls will not allow you to put a ladder on them to reach a second floor. The curved walls are creating dark "shadows" on the outside of curved walls/ door ways/ windows. The curved walls are super buggy. *I PLAY ON PS4 CONSOLE - NO MODS/ CC*

Message 17 of 31 (1,119 Views)

Re: Curved walls are still broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

No kidding. I was really looking forward to round walls inside the house but no way that's happening...Disappointed

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Message 18 of 31 (1,041 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@t00sa I really hope they fix these issues with the curved walls. We've waited so long to have them and we can't even use them properly. It's a tease in a way. I'm actually holding off on playing TS4 or buying anything else until the curved walls get fixed, but that's me and where I stand.
Message 19 of 31 (1,043 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey again :D I'm stubborn, and I was able to achieve exactly what I was going for by using two platforms of different height. Then at the end I just added the walls and lowered the floor to the same height with the rest of the house.

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (17).png

The roof seems fine too!

Screenshot (18).png

But again, if you change the height level, the bug reappears:

Screenshot (19).png

I hope this helps a bit. Though I don't how it'll work out for you since I'm on pc.

Message 20 of 31 (1,010 Views)