Re: Graffiti when viewed from another lot

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Graffiti when viewed from another lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have reported paintings and photographs behaving the same way in the past (going blank), but this also affects graffiti. Basically, when viewed from any other lot that isn't the lot the graffiti is painted on, the graffiti will not be there, the object will revert to the default state. While I understand why they'd make paintings and photographs behave this way (to save performance), it's kind of pointless to have graffiti behave this way since, well, it IS meant to be placed on exterior walls and floors...

Here is an example. I have blank garage doors on this lot that I painted on, as well as some graffiti in front of them. This is what the lot is meant to look like (currently unfinished):

11-12-16_12-46-30 PM.png

This is what it looks like when viewed while my sim is visiting the adjoining lot:

11-12-16_12-38-15 PM.png

:-/

Message 1 of 5 (706 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ju1ka I get your logic of wanting to be able to see the graffiti from other lots, but I would imagine that it is coded the same way as other personalized artwork and so is handled the same way from a viewing perspective.  If they changed that, it would probably apply to the paintings and photos as well.  Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see them all visible off lot, and I think we have that request in already on the Build Mode Feedback thread,(I'll add graffiti to it), but I do think the current behavior is by design and not a bug.

Message 2 of 5 (685 Views)

★ Guide

@BryonyRae I suppose that makes sense. It's just...it kind of makes the object pointless in a way. >_<

Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

Hero

I agree with Bryony but maybe @SimGuruNick can give us some definite answer on Monday

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (667 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm not sure that this is necessarily by design, but I'll take a look and find out. Thanks for the report. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (651 Views)