Re: [OPEN] Goofballs/Mischiefs obsessed with mischief and etc...

by The_Ratticator

Original Post

★ Guide

I have this problem too but with an employee in my business! I cheated to replace the trait and he's still doing it! I've had to download a mod to stop it. Here's hoping it works!

Message 21 of 54 (1,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

Please, let us know which mod it is you are using to fix it?  Im sure we all would be very grateful to know.  

Thanks

Message 22 of 54 (1,087 Views)

Re: Goofballs obsessed with mischief and etc...

★★★ Guide

Yes, goofballs being goofballs is one thing, but CONSTANTLY pranking the ONLY AVAILABLE TOILET is unacceptable, even for goofball trait. Come on, EA fix it!

Message 23 of 54 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Strongfinger1977  Bienchens Mod traitoverhaul remove this feature.  You find the mod under her MiscMods -> traitoverhaul -> sims4me_traitoverhaul_goofball.package

Message 24 of 54 (1,024 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@daikoyu Thank you for sharing. I just used testing cheats to remove the goofball trait from one of my sims, Eren, because all his interactions were mischievous and he kept pranking his own toilet. I like the idea of goofballs being playful and funny. And I an okay with him being crummy since his parents just died. But I have been playing a few families with goofball sims and I got soooo tired of the toilet prank.
Message 25 of 54 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wanted to give an update. I decided to give Eren the goofball trait again because it suits him. Then I switched to playing another household, a teen sim living on her own named Divine. Eren, who is also a teen, started dating her and he comes over regularly but never pranks her toilet. I didn't install any more mods so the game is the same as when I posted before. So far I haven't seen him prank the toilet when I'm not playing his household. I'm curious if I switch to playing him and visit his girlfriend if he'll prank her toilet. He was left in her house alone for hours while she was at school (not sure why he didn't go to school too) and he still didn't prank the toilet.

I was playing her until I solved the Strangerville mystery with her (she a budding detective). It took a while to solve in between classes and dates. Sometimes she brought him along just because he came to visit, lol. She just solved the mystery so I'll switch back to his household.

Message 26 of 54 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Has anyone tried making Goofball Sims dislike mischief as an activity after the latest patch? Maybe that could be a workaround, seeing as disliked activities aren't supposed to be things that Sims do autonomously?

Message 27 of 54 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll give that a try later. I also forgot to have Eren visit his girlfriend while I was playing him to see if he pranked her toilet since he never pranks her toilet when I'm playing her.

Message 28 of 54 (830 Views)

Sims autonomously pranking toilets

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims autonomously prank toilets now, why?
What do you expect to see? Stop this nonsense!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played the game in a long while due to other bugs that made the game unplayable to me. Since they've been fixed, I started back and now I have this .... sims pranking toilets on their own! Unfortunately, I don't know they're doing it unless I'm constantly monitoring them because the toilet prank just shows as the toilet in their queue so that could be anything. Can you imagine a household of 5 or 6 sims all pranking toilets on their own? I feel like I'm back to square one. I was elated when the relentless cooking was fixed but now this.

Message 29 of 54 (831 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously pranking toilets

Champion

What traits do your Sims have? There’ve been trait updates/improvements.

Goofball Sims autonomously prank toilets when left to their own devices (although I think this makes little sense when it’s their own toilet and they live alone, it’s fun when the mischievous little brother keeps pranking his sisters’ toilet). Perfectionist Sims will scrap paintings they don’t think are good enough. Neat Sims will clean even when nothing’s dirty. Bookworms would rather grab a book then watch television. Slobs & lazy Sims leave their clothes all over the floor if you have laundry stuff. And various other effects...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 30 of 54 (818 Views)