Re: Goofballs obsessed with mischief and etc...

by iamoz96

Original Post

[OPEN] Goofballs/Mischiefs obsessed with mischief and etc...

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a goofball sim
What happens when the bug occurs? When interacting with other sims
What do you expect to see? More funny interactions than mischief
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Anyone else have goofball sims obsessed with mischief interactions? I realize they did an update on traits but this isn’t good considering aliens have “memory erase” as a mischief interaction. I also had to take away my sim daughter’s stuffed animal away because my mean sim is obsessed with hitting it constantly. He never wants to do anything else. I’m on console and PC now. I am aware I can fix the issue on PC but not on my console. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 54 (6,787 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, it seems that since the patch my Goofballs are constantly being mischievous and pranking toilets. I expected a little bit of tuning to the traits but this is excessive and makes playing Goofballs unenjoyable for me. They watch the comedy channel more, but they seem to lean heavily on mischief interactions when talking to other sims.

Message 2 of 54 (6,759 Views)

★★★★ Guide

there suppose to goofballs were always meant to be that way in the base game they get whims to play pranks and it says because there goofball always has said that

Message 3 of 54 (6,746 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

The problem is, is that it’s not tuned at all and it’s 99.9% of it is mischievous. Maybe one friendly interaction here and there. Idk why people accept obsessive behavior. 

Message 4 of 54 (6,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes that's the problem I'm having too, it's pretty much all my Goofballs are doing now.  Most of their socials are mischievous interactions and it's excessive.  I think it's been tuned too high and could use some adjusting .Make it less frequent than it is now.

Message 5 of 54 (6,718 Views)

Excessive toilet pranking

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Together, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure if its related, but out of the sims that keep doing it, one has mischief skill and the other is a goofball. Have them exist in a house with a toilet.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims will prank their own toilet on their own without prompt. This has happened twice in one day.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not prank toilets (especially not the only one in their house) without being prompted to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are now peeing themselves because the toilet is always broken and dirty.

Message 6 of 54 (6,710 Views)

Re: Excessive toilet pranking

Hero
@palithepancake Going to merge this with the goofball thread. Sounds the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 54 (6,685 Views)

Sims Won't Stop Pranking Toliets.

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my first stuff pack, Batuu, and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a sim with a goofball trait unattended.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims prank multiple toliets in house and I can't undo the prank
What do you expect to see? Multiple pranked toliets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bunkbed Traits patch

• Any goofball sim will prank multiple toilets in the house when not in control of, and there no way to undo the prank so I'm just constantly buying new toliets 
Message 8 of 54 (6,608 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Goofballs/Mischiefs obsessed with mischief and etc...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@iamoz96The toilet pranking is the worst! I mean come on EA, at least provide us with the ability unprank it! There isnt even a cheat code! Its ridiculous that Sims are forced to always use and break the toilet and have to fix it every time its been pranked. How about handiness skill determines how effectively you can unprank a toilet without it going off?

Message 9 of 54 (6,274 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Goofballs/Mischiefs obsessed with mischief and etc...

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem, after the latest patch, my goofball sim is always using mischievous interactions, when he should be using more funny interactions, since the extra command for the goofball Sims is under the Funny Interactions menu. In my opinion for the goofball Sims there should be a percentage of 70% funny interactions and 30% mischievous interactions. If it happens to a cohabitating couple it's pretty annoying, because then they start fighting if I leave them independent. And the toilet prank is definitely the worst.

I'm playing on PC.

Message 10 of 54 (6,110 Views)