by Raynn0124

Original Post

[OPEN] 'Go to work' interaction appearing on another Sim

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a Sim should be going to work but has taken the day off, the option to "Go to work" appears when clicking on another Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clicking the option sends the Sim who created the interaction to go to work.
What do you expect to see? For the "Go to work" option to only appear when clicking on the selected / intended Sim as designed, not appear on other Sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My two Sims recently went to Granite Falls, and the one who has a job took PTO. During his work hours, when clicking on my other (adult) Sim to perform interactions, the option appeared for me to "Go to work". Thought maybe this was just something weird in the vacation world (I dunno okay, it was my first time using Granite Falls !), but am now seeing this is also occurring when on the home lot (when interacting with a toddler).

I'm not sure if this is a new bug from the June 3rd / 4th update or not as I only recently started playing again and was doing a rags to riches. I just merged my household with an NPC who has a job, so this is the first time I'm seeing this.

I really hope the way I'm explaining this makes sense, hopefully the screenshot helps (taken before CC was removed, I can take a new one if needed).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,202 Views)

Re: "Go to work" interaction appearing on another Sim

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Created a brand new save (again without CC), same thing is happening when interacting with an adult and with a child. I've never used mods, only CC. Hope this helps.

Edit to add screenshot of resulting interaction. I didn't cancel it, was just hovering over it to show what it was.

Message 2 of 11 (2,152 Views)

★ Guide
@cyoung1024 Same thing happens in my game. If the active sim needs to go to work, the interaction "Go to work" appears on another sim in the household when clicking on him / her.
Personally, I think it's a bug because it is no social interaction, it only causes the active sim to go to work.
Message 3 of 11 (2,079 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I wonder what happens when you click on it. Who goes to work lol?

Message 4 of 11 (2,050 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Bearpal64 The active Sim goes to work.  Looks like it's just a misplaced option (like everyone being able to warn people about "bed safety" Standard smile).  Mildly annoying that they take up spots on the social menu, but otherwise it seems fairly harmless at least.

Message 5 of 11 (2,031 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Raynn0124 I mean it makes sense the active Sim goes to work hahaha I was just thinking it would send the other Sim away lol 😂
Message 6 of 11 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just aged up my first teen in a while - and he's getting the "Go To School" option on other Sims too (children don't though).

Message 7 of 11 (1,961 Views)

"Go to Work" Option on ALL Sims when only active Sim is late for work

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs EXCEPT Journey to Batuu, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, any of the Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until a Sim is due to go to work and cancel the action to leave so that they are now late. Click on any other Sim with the active Sim, either on the Lot or wandering around in public space, and they will all have the "Go to Work" option appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims who are not late for work or have no job have the "Go to Work" option. Clicking it does not send the Sim to work and results in the active Sim performing a little happy idle animation instead.
What do you expect to see? The "Go to Work" option should only appear on the Sim that is actually late for work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently noticed that if my active Sim is running late for work the "Go to Work" self-interaction is also available on every other Sim I am able to click on. It doesn't matter if they belong to the household or not, or if they are on the Lot or the surrounding public space.

Clicking on the interaction doesn't send any Sims to work and results in the active Sim performing a little happy idle animation instead.

I would expect that when my Sim is running late for work that the "Go to Work" self-interaction should only be available on the Sim that is actually running late and needs to go to work.

I do use mods in my game but I took them all out to test this before reporting and the bug was still happening.

Message 8 of 11 (1,631 Views)

Re: "Go to Work" Option on ALL Sims when only active Sim is late for w

★ Apprentice

I just found this bug on Winterfest day (therefore not a workday). I had my Sim visit Venessa Jeong's house (I have built us up to maximum romance bar) and I noticed the "Go To Work" option. When I clicked it, my Sim changed from his sleepwear (we had just woohooed Standard smile ) into his Everyday wear and routed to the Del Sol Valley spawn point to trigger the travel. The game reloaded on my home lot and the workday had started, due to finish at its regular time.

So therefore the interaction worked as intended, but it should not have appeared on a Sim to Sim interaction.

I did find this bug while using mods, but I'm pretty sure none of the mods are causing this, because I was also able to reproduce the issue in the same with mods disabled in settings.

Message 9 of 11 (1,414 Views)

Re: [OPEN] 'Go to work' interaction appearing on another Sim

★★★★★ Apprentice

Luckily a modder called Lotharihoe made fix for this.

Message 10 of 11 (1,292 Views)