Re: [OPEN] GlobalResolver Error

by SimmingLass

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this same last exception too, but pretty consistently - every time I try to get a child or young adult sims to climb some stairs in a build I've made. (Toddlers can climb fine, haven't tested other age groups.) They can't get up for some reason - I built using move objects and am trying to figure that one out - and every time they try I get this last exception. First, they cancel the action, do the normal head shaking and footsteps with the cross thought bubble, but then the game gets a little laggy for a couple seconds and the last exception appears. Can provide the save file if need be, have saved a copy of it.

I have all DLC apart from a few kits, and a very limited number of mods (MCCC, Better BB, TOOL, UI Cheats Extension, More CAS Columns, and the OMSP shelf CC). Playing on mac.

Message 11 of 22 (2,470 Views)

EA Staff
@SimmingLass

Hello!
The scenario you are explaining is different from others and we tried on our end but haven't able to reproduce it on our end,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 22 (2,414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruRitzy!

I tried turning mods off and have the same issue - toddler can climb stairs, child and adult cannot. (Maybe worth noting they're stairs with a platform!) I also noticed that for some reason my household funds rapidly lost and gained 11 simoleons after I queued the action for the child and adult. The build was build using move objects, but I've tried removing everything I can think of to make the stairs functional for children and adults and they still aren't.

Apologies for saying it was the same issue, I shared the MCCC Last Exception file with a bot in a mods discord support server and it said that this was the same issue!

Will PM you my save file now.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 22 (2,397 Views)

here's my last exception with a GlobalResolver Error

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-07-16 17:52:31</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:124</categoryid><desyncid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Object)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 275, in _random_alarm_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\venues\object_based_situation_zone_director.py", line 231, in _start_situations&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 618, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 607, in get_weighted_situations&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 607, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 603, in get_weight&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participantsValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Objectrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-07-16 18:27:45</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>asm.py:1065</categoryid><desyncid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM :: Sit_Posture (HANDLE :: 63388)&gt;: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -&gt; exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {}&#13;&#10;source_interaction = running seating_sit_CTYAE:26605 on object_bedSingle_Camping_Cot:0x08f50f4cf4180bba[2]&#13;&#10;running interaction = running sit-smart:26600 on object_bedSingle_Camping_Cot:0x08f50f4cf4180bba (guaranteed))&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 221, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition.py", line 423, in do_transition_animation&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\posture.py", line 2387, in append_exit_to_arb&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 1065, in request&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: ASM :: Sit_Posture (HANDLE :: 63388)&gt;: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -&gt; exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {}&#13;&#10;source_interaction = running seating_sit_CTYAE:26605 on object_bedSingle_Camping_Cot:0x08f50f4cf4180bba[2]running interaction = running sit-smart:26600 on object_bedSingle_Camping_Cot:0x08f50f4cf4180bba (guaranteed)rtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-07-16 18:55:20</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:124</categoryid><desyncid>9c123b7ca44266f762d323ee</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Object)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 275, in _random_alarm_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\venues\object_based_situation_zone_director.py", line 231, in _start_situations&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 618, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 607, in get_weighted_situations&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 607, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 603, in get_weight&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participantsValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Objectrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 14 of 22 (2,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Current LE

Last Module Called: resolver.py Last Function Called: get_participants Error message: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor), CategoryID: resolver:377

Message 15 of 22 (2,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@leroidetoutI recently repaired my game, and the only mods I put back were current MCCC, UI Cheats, and TOOL. The error popped up when my sim was trying to Dive for Thrills in a dumpster. All CC was removed.

Message 16 of 22 (2,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@leroidetout This just started happening to me too since yesterday's patch. This happens when I try to put anything in my sim's inventory. It's like the personal inventory is none functional
Message 17 of 22 (1,977 Views)

GlobalResolver Error- cannot place items in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Werewolves and High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I try to put an object in my sim's inventory, an error occurs and my inventory is not useable. My sim's inventory was also completely emptied
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a LE/BE scan error and the object I tried putting in my inventory either vanishes or floats in mid air
What do you expect to see? Stuff placed into my inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After patch 1.90.358.1230. The only mods in my game right now are ones that have been cleared/updated since the patch

BE reason reads: 

Reason[tingyul] Exception thrown while loading an object in an inventory. Object: object_Knitting_YarnBasket:0x00a70f49a8311a4a Owner: Alissa McHugh (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor)
Message 18 of 22 (2,025 Views)

Re: GlobalResolver Error- cannot place items in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi there, @CJustine910  there is a mod to fix this, as had gone on a search myself.. its made by Carls (Sims 4 Guides), since no links of this type are allowed, just search for that, ie:Double Inventory/Sack Lunch Fix Mod, by Carl (at) Patreon. I have found it to fix the problem, and inventory is again usable.

Many mods I use, need the inventory.. including 'animal shop', lms laundry mod etc...  this 'fix', enables it once again, while at first you think it's different mods fault. (check that also, or for incompatibilities)

Hope it helps

Sasha.

nb: post since merged with another thread, good luck.

I have no connection to EA
Am an avid 'mega' mods user Cocktail
Message 19 of 22 (1,975 Views)

Re: GlobalResolver Error- cannot place items in inventory

★★★★ Novice

omg this worked!!!!!! thank you!

Message 20 of 22 (1,934 Views)