Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glimmerstone appearing randomly in inventory (non-spellcaster)

by tawret

Original Post

[OPEN] Glimmerstone appearing in inventory (non-spellcaster)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the add-on Realm of Magic installed.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims randomly get a glimmerstone in their inventory even if they are no spellcasters. The only option for this glimmerstone is to destroy it.
What do you expect to see? Glimmerstones should not appear randomly in sim's inventories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (11,103 Views)

Re: Glimmerstone appearing randomly in sim's inventory (even if no spellcaster)

Hero
@Zack4358 At what point do they appear ? Do you play rotationally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (11,091 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't play rotationally. They mostly appear when the sim aged up. But they also appear randomly in the inventory.
Message 3 of 13 (11,076 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Zack4358  A Glimmerstone will appear in personal inventory when using a cauldron to cook a meal. Have any of your Sims done that?

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 13 (11,010 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, my sims sometimes cook food at the cauldron. I wonder why this sim gets a Glimmerstone then, since non-spellcaster sims can't use them anyway, there is only an option to destroy this Glimmerstone.

Message 5 of 13 (10,997 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Zack4358  Spellcaster or not having the Glimmerstone appear in their inventory is a subtle hint. Kind of a nudge to remind you about the Magic Realm.  Wizard

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 13 (10,977 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glimmerstone appearing randomly in inventory (non-spellcaster)

★★★★ Novice

Glimmerstone appears in each sims inventory even if they are not a spellcaster.  I destroy them and then next time i check their inventory they are back.  It started after the september 3rd update.

Message 7 of 13 (10,313 Views)

[ROM] Glimmerstone created when non-spellcasters cook food in the cauldron

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eps except eco and snowy,gps except batuu,backyard and nifty stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? use a pot came with RoM to cook cheese noodles(起司通心麵in chinese,I don't know the English)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim had a Glimmerstone in their inventory when they use the pot to cook cheese noodles,even they are not spellcasters.
What do you expect to see? No Glimmerstone in inventory when they are not spellcasters
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

picture 

I'm not sure is this an official joke or something ...?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 8 of 13 (9,878 Views)

Re: [ROM] Glimmerstone created when non-spellcasters cook food in the cauldron

★★★★ Guide

This happened in my game as well! I noticed random Glimmerstones in my non-spellcaster Sims' inventories but had no idea how they got there. However I can recall them cooking Mac and Cheese in my spellcaster's cauldron... definitely a bug.

Message 9 of 13 (9,824 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Glimmerstone appearing in inventory (non-spellcaster)

★ Guide

I get this in every sims inventory. it happens when they travel, go to a wormhole, age up, or just at random. it happens to sims that have never touched a cauldron. I have 75 played sims in this save and every single one has had a glimmerstone. I am constantly destroying them.

Message 10 of 13 (8,299 Views)