Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have ghosts in house
What happens when the bug occurs? they break everything right after you fix it
What do you expect to see? I expect them to do it some times but not all the time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think this started after the last patch but I am unsure it could have been the patch before this one

please fix this makes ghosts not fun

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (11,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

Hero

Sometimes Ghosts can be part of our Households, if we choose to, however it is really
hard to live with Ghosts that constantly break things, it makes it a bit… unlivable. So our
expert team of Simghostologists have communicated with these Ghosts in the non
physical realm and they have agreed to not break everything all the time.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (4,781 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

★ Apprentice

I've run into the same issue. It's a nightly issue at this point where not even my little robot vacuums can keep up with all the puddles while my sims are sleeping. I only have one active ghost, and he just destroys everything in the house.

Message 2 of 19 (11,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It's became VERY annoying recently. All ghost are breaking everything whenever they can, like this action is set to high priority against others. And even playable ghosts act like this in their own houses! At least playable ghosts shouldn't be breaking their own stuff.

Message 3 of 19 (11,598 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrictcomicsforever I had to use MCC tuner to disable ghost sabotage or whatever it is called.
Message 4 of 19 (11,578 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheZooQueen1973 You can do that? Where exactly is that option? I thought I knew everything about mcc. :o
Message 5 of 19 (11,516 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrictcomicsforever Always been a problem but it's worse now.
Message 6 of 19 (11,515 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Something is really wrong with ghosts. I have some in one of my clubs, and this club has a feature that prohibits sims to break things. Club-member ghosts IGNORE EVEN THAT.

Message 7 of 19 (11,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe it is right click on sim, select the mcc option, then go down to turner and enable it. Once enabled, click on all sinks, tubs, toilets, showers and go to tuner  and click on ghost sabotage. Sorry I am not in my game atm so I might not be exactly accurate. But you get the general ideal. Once you have disabled what you want from turner. Go back to your sim and like you did before only this time disable turner. If you still have problems you should visit Deaderpool's discord page. There are a lot of people there you can ask questions to.

Message 8 of 19 (11,492 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I get this too, so much that I stopped keeping gravestones on my lots, and I used to enjoy having ghosts around. I swear it used to be that only angry or otherwise miserable ghosts would do this, but now it seems any ghost no matter mood will just immediately go and break every breakable object on the lot. Disappointed

I have a graveyard / underground club that I got from the gallery and edited, gave it the Haunted lot trait. Whenever ghosts spawn, within minutes every sink and toilet on the lot will be spewing water....

Message 9 of 19 (11,471 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ghosts Breaking Things Constantly

★★★ Novice

I have just noticed this when playing the Goth household with the Haunted trait. 1 ghost comes every other night and he always (without fail) breaks at least 3-4 objects including baths/showers, sinks and toilets. I can't imagine what it would be like with several ghosts visiting at once...

Message 10 of 19 (10,601 Views)