Re: Being asked to choose likes and dislikes for everybody

by jari121red

Original Post

★ Guide

I am also getting prompts and notifications for other people. I just got a notification for someone else's investment income due to their aspirational goal thing. 

This is really frustrating. I'm not playing that household, why am I being notified for them? 

Message 31 of 72 (1,164 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting them too - it's very annoying.  My Sim was in the gym and every other sim in the gym was causing these to pop up every few seconds

Makes the game almost unplayable

I wonder if it will stop once I've clicked 'yes' or 'no' for everyone in the town

Message 32 of 72 (1,133 Views)

Likes/Dislikes showing up for non-active sims

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 households in played households, Play as one, you will eventually get likes and dislikes pop up for the other household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Likes and Dislikes popup showing for all households rather than just active household.
What do you expect to see? The likes/dislikes popup only showing up for active households.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It is a rather annoying bug. I am a rotational player so I have multiple households in my played households, I get this popup every few moments in gameplay from my other households and it is hard to just focus on one household at a time like I was doing before. It gets annoying to constantly click "No" in the middle of building a story for my sims, it breaks away from the immersion.

Message 33 of 72 (1,115 Views)

Re: Likes/Dislikes showing up for non-active sims

★★ Guide

It seems it's a bug, but I actually like it. It's a good way to give some Sims a few likes and dislikes without going into CAS and editing them. I understand that not everybody likes it ☺️.

Message 34 of 72 (1,090 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

★ Guide
If this is by design Maxis needs to get actual players to test things. This is HORRIBLE and ANNOYING. Modders have to save us from every GARBAGE design choice they make.
Message 35 of 72 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Absolutely agreed that if this isn't a bug it's garbage. I don't like to set my households to unplayed because I want to come back and live out their lives... but I also do not want to make decisions for other households that I am not actively playing. Hot garbage.

Message 36 of 72 (992 Views)

★ Novice

Started having this issue last week and today 6/15 the pop-up continued to "pop up" because I kept answering no to liking or disliking as I was unsure which sims they were asking about and was doing a decorator reveal. Sadly, it wouldn't stop and I chose to close the game and run a repair game. Which did nothing. 

Message 37 of 72 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Seems like the popups need to be tuned down. I actually don't mind getting pop-ups for households I'm not currently playing, there have been a few incidences where it's made sense and been quite funny to see. However, I've gotten them even for sims I don't even recognize. MOST of them are about exercising as well. It seems as though the current autonomous behavior of jogging and doing push-ups puts all sims in an energized mood and they want to like fitness the very first time this happens and continue to autonomously do it.

Message 38 of 72 (964 Views)

★ Apprentice
@John_Zonbi Its definitely intentional for played households. There should at least be a setting to toggle it for those that don't want the popups unless its active household.
Message 39 of 72 (947 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeahhhhhh, I'm getting tons of popups for Sims I'm not playing and it's getting annoying.  Sure, Alexander likes fitness, I'M NOT PLAYING HIM RIGHT NOW, but sure.  Maybe I can assign likes/dislikes on the household I'm playing?

(Which I haven't because of the endless "Does Alexander like fitness?"  Alexander is in the body builder career, so sure, he likes fitness, can I get back to playing the household I was in?)

Message 40 of 72 (921 Views)