[FIXED] Get To Know does not reveal traits

by Sketch793

Original Post

Re: Get To Know does not reveal traits when used in a queue

★ Apprentice

I can't attest to the errors on console.  I figured it out on PC.  I did pin it down to a random CC that was buried in one of my folders.   I'm not exactly sure where it came from or what it did, but the LEs stopped after removal.  It only took 2 hours of loading and unloading the game.   I have way too much cc....

Message 21 of 65 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

When I previously responded, Get to Know would not work at all, no matter which sim or part of queue or not, paused or not.  I started getting the crashing that has been fixed as of now for me, so I tried another repair.  I'm not sure if it fixed anything or not, as it didn't fix the crashes from before the patch, but I've noticed get to know seems to work Some of the time now.  I've never used CC or mods btw, so I don't think that was the issue for me at least. I also never received errors or anything like the other posters.  

Message 22 of 65 (1,808 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Get To Know does not reveal traits/ creates LE

★★★★★ Pro

@crinrict No, I'm not getting Last Exceptions or Last UI Exceptions for this.

Message 23 of 65 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jarfr What CC did you find that was causing the error?
Message 24 of 65 (1,774 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Get To Know does not reveal traits

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue on PS5. Started up a brand new save and cannot get 'get to know' to work at all. I've tried queuing single and multiple attempts, in one on one conversations and in group chats, and haven't managed to learn a single trait from any sim. I played for years on PS4, so I know about the cooldown and know I'm using it correctly. Sims seemingly get the relationship boost, but no traits are revealed anywhere in the chat window, relationship panel or profile.

Message 25 of 65 (1,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh man... if you have any idea at all which cc item is was, please please share!! 

I have so much cc and this problem is driving me crazy. Really don't want to have to empty it all out!

Message 26 of 65 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Don't know if this helps identify or whether it's a red herring but I get the same error message using the "Detect Personality" interactions as a vampire when trying to detect from a non vampire in that I can't detect traits through that either. Again just fails the interaction and MCCC which is running throws an exception, briefly T-poses the sim before aborting the action. I am also running a fair few CC though so could be unrelated. It's the same sort of action the "picking up a sims traits" so might be a link.

Message 27 of 65 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Emptied out my entire cc folder. It was something in llazyneiph's royalty mod which was causing the problem for me. 

Message 28 of 65 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there any news on this issue? I'm still having problems with get to know, it seems to work every once in a while, but not at all consistently. I don't use custom content, just a few basic mods (which are not causing LEs or this problem), so the custom content 'causing' it is a red herring. That people have the same problem on console attests to that. 

This is a real issue, it's practically impossible to learn people's traits if you didn't greet them with the observant trait the first time around. 

Message 29 of 65 (1,361 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem since the newest patch updates. Haven't played the game since September and all of the patches were downloaded simultaneously, so I don't know which patch exactly causes it. It worked fine before the patch even with mods installed. Even sims were I knew all the traits before the update are lost. After the interaction is performed there is no message telling me that a new trait was discovered. Also, the deep conversation action is missing from my game. But I saw that another thread is dealing with this

Message 30 of 65 (1,308 Views)