Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

by pammiechick

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★★ Apprentice

So it stopped happening to me once I removed the "great soil" lot trait.  I guess the soil was SO great that they kept reverting back to piles of it. Disappointed  Haven't tried fertilizing anything yet since I read that fertilizing might also be a trigger.

Message 201 of 618 (914 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

★ Apprentice

This only happens to my regular plants…not trees, alien plants, or country living plants. When I leave the lot, the plants respawn into dirt piles.

Message 202 of 618 (2,678 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★ Guide

I grew so tired of the gardening bug my Sims no longer garden and I loved my Sim planting flowers to make bouquets. My plants (all plantables) turn to dirt piles every night while my Sims sleep. I had trees and they do the same thing. It doesn't matter if the plants/trees are in season, sheltered or outside it still happens. I tried using the gardening  cheat to blossum them and make them in season but it still happens. This bug has been going on for a very long time and I thought the EA team had said they were working on that. How much longer do we have to go through this??!!

Message 203 of 618 (812 Views)

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

★ Apprentice

As of today, still experiencing this issue.

• Which packs do you own ? All of them except Journey to Batuu. Only kit I have is throwback fit kit.
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all: ALL of them. I literally have a lot with all plants and it happens to all of them, though not necessarily at the same time. Last time, my plasma fruit and apple trees survived, but they don't always.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ? It seems to happen at 7am every time. It does not seem to depend on whether or not my sim is harvesting, tending or anything else at the time.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ? All saves, but since I have not played much since I started having this issue, they are old saves.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ? No.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ? Yes
  • Are you using mods/cc ? They are turned off. Importantly, it does not seem to matter whether or not they are turned on or off, or even whether they are installed. No difference at all.
  • What's your game Version ? I don't know how to see this. It is fully updated
  • What lot type are you playing on ? Residential, 64x64.
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ? I've disabled this feature.
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ? Not that I know of. Happened today and there is no file today.
  • Are you using a bee box ? Nope.
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ? Often I have great soil, study spot and homey. But it doesn't seem to matter either.
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ? Fertilizer does not affect the issue. I use growfruit on one save, it happens there. I use none in another, it still happens.

As far as I can see, the only thing that is consistent for me is that when all my plants mature, and then grow harvestables at 6am, an hour later, either most or all my plants revert to a dirt pile an hour later at 7am.

Message 204 of 618 (755 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello back again with a quick update, this is just an observation and is in no way me trying to blame the problem on mods as I love to use loads of the myself.

I think that I've mentioned before that in the past when I've had lots of trouble with gardening with mods in and when I've taken them out and turned off the function altogether it has drastically improved the situation or cured it 100% for the play through I'm doing at the time.  Well I was having a lot of trouble with my current play in Henford, with lots of plants from past pack and the new Cottage Living ones too.  So I did the same as I've done before, saved my Sims and their lot, gotten rid of all my mods, switched off all mod options deleted the Sims 4 directory and started a completely new save.

What was different this time was that I went into B/B mode and decided to delete all the plants that were affected with the glitch, I was having the dirt piles that won't grow again and Evolvable plants not showing that they are Evolvable and when you click on them you can't evolve them even though the tooltip says it's ready glitches,.  Well when I made a mistake and un-deleted a few things the affected plants instantly turned into fully grown versions of themselves!  And have been harvestable ever since!  Also the Evolve sparkle came back to the plants in live mode too!

I have not read all of this topic recently so I am sorry if this has already been posted and I've missed it, but I thought that it ma be of interest to somebody.

Message 205 of 618 (719 Views)

★★ Guide

In my case I have never used mods or downloaded cc. For me, I used to love getting my Sims into gardening but now it's just frustrating. I am upset about all the money I've spent on the Sims 4 and with every patch or update there are always bugs. EA knows the gardening is going through this and it's a huge bug but they don't seem to care. I gave up on gardening because what can my Sims do with mounds of dirt.

Message 206 of 618 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I thought this was resolved Frown But I just now experienced it again. All my plants went back to dirt or a little seed (the ones in the vertical gardens)

My trees are outside but all the other plants are under a roof. It happened to all of them.

I wasn't traveling nowhere I just went to sleep with my sim and suddenly the plants went PLOOP!

I'll answer all the questions;

• Which packs do you own ?
    All of them except Journey to Batuu and Paranormal stuff. 
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all. 
    All of them. But I'll list all my plants non the less; 
    Outside in pots: Apple, Lemon, Coconut, Banana, Pear, Avocado.
    Inside in pots: Union, Mushroom, Taro, Carrot, Pitaja, Sixam mosquito trap, Tulip, Lilly, Snapdragon.
    Inside in vertical garden:  Spinach, Green peas, Parsley, Sage, Tomato, Basil, Blackberry, Strawberry, Bell pepper, Grape, Soy, Green beans.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?
    It happened to the banana tree when fertilizing the day before the night the others just randomly plopped back to dirt/seed form.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?
    All of them were planted before the patch.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?
    See above question about which plants.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?
    Some are, some are not.
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
    Nope.
  • What's your game Version ?
    1.80.69.1030 (64 bit)
  • What lot type are you playing on ?
    Private
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?
    No the footprint has been the same throughout. It's Nutral.
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?
    Nope can't find any files of that name in my folders
  • Are you using a bee box ?
  • Yes 1
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ?
    Yes; Homey, Peace and quiet, Great soil.
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?
    I usually use Spinach, Mushrooms and Taro root for fertilizing. I don't have any plants that have never been fertilized before so I wouldn't know.

Also a side note; I've been playing this saved file for a few weeks now and haven't had a problem with the plants until today. They all did great until today.

Oh now that I think about it, right before it happened, I had to restore my saved file because I couldn't get to stuff inside my storage boxes when I moved my sim out. So I restored the saved file to the point where the stuff wasn't in the box yet.... And now I have my stuff but my plants are bugging out :") 

Message 207 of 618 (632 Views)

★★ Guide

I totally gave up on gardening. I just don't do it anymore as it doesn't work and it's beyond irritating. Everything I plant turns into a dirt pile around 5:00am. This has been going on for far too long. I can't use Laundry Day either as it won't let me dry clothes. Dine Out is a nightmare. We've spent a lot on the Sims 4 and I'm just not liking it at all. It has more bugs than any game I've ever played. These are old complaints that no one at EA chooses to fix. I dread every update or bug fix because it means my game will have more problems.

I'm sorry you are now experiencing the gardening bug. 

Message 208 of 618 (616 Views)

★ Guide

I find that if I enter buy/build mode a few times, it makes some of the plants revert to dirt mounds. Also, if I move a plant around in buy/build mode, it will revert to a dirt mound the second or third time I move it.

Message 209 of 618 (588 Views)

★★ Guide

Half my plants just reverted, again. Broken heart I hope they can fix this.

• Which packs do you own? All.
  • Which plants are affected? Please list them all. Apples, snapdragons, daisies, roses, sage, lilies.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you? Occurs randomly around 8am. Normally just one or two, but it just knocked out half my plants.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch? After latest patch.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside? Sheltered, and in vertical and box planters.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season? Some are, some aren't.
  • Are you using mods/cc? No.
  • What's your game Version? 1.80.69.1030
  • What lot type are you playing on? Tiny Home.
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint? Neutral, not tied to the changing of footprint.
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens? No.
  • Are you using a bee box? Currently, yes, but it's happened without one as well.
  • Does the lot have any lot traits? Child's Play, Homey, and Natural Light
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized? Compost piles. I have a second save where the apple tree kept reverting every few days which was never fertilized.

Message 210 of 618 (1,088 Views)