[ARCHIVED] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: Queue Bubbles

Hero

Thanks. Merged and renamed to the one there was before cause tea brewing isn't the only command. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 46 (2,004 Views)

★★ Expert

ah, thank you! i didn't think to make it a more inclusive title.

Message 12 of 46 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

"grab chips" is another action that gets stuck in the queue.

(edit: also "watch", which happens when another Sim is playing an instrument, will sometimes remain after they've stopped.

"put away" (books) also gets stuck, but i haven't seen it as often.

also "wait for coffee to brew".)

Message 13 of 46 (1,972 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 46 (1,954 Views)

★★ Expert

thank you again!

Message 15 of 46 (1,947 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Interactions in queue won't clear from active tasks

★ Guide

icoI've just had something like this happen for the second time in as many days. Different Sim, but both had the Sleep action stuck in their queue. I can only get them to do one other task at a time now. For example, I was finally able to get one Sim to eat by putting the food on the table myself first. But when I tried to get her to get the food from the fridge then watch tv she just stood there. Nothing was in the way. The sleep icon stayed  while she went to work and came back, moving her to a different household didn't stop it either though that has worked before.

Message 16 of 46 (1,929 Views)

Hero

@SimTresa

merged your post with the new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 46 (1,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

sometimes they will be shown as chatting to another Sim. the overhead bar shows, but the active Sim is sleeping, for example. but now that i think of it... i can't be sure if the queue bubble gets stuck. just need to test again.

(edit: when a Sim is dancing and that action is replaced with "listen deeply", i've seen that "dancing" will not clear from the active tasks.

"listen to dramatic story" gets stuck once in a while, often when another (inter)action is queued after it. if that happens, a white bubble showing two silhouettes close to each other appears, instead of one that shows a Sim's face, and it remains in the active tasks section. the interaction is not taking place anymore, a different one is, but it still won't clear.

"resume (recipe)" also gets stuck from time to time, but not that often as the above. they have already finished cooking and eating, and are doing something else. clicking on the bubble to "cancel" this not-ongoing action doesn't make it disappear.

another one is "go jogging". it often remains even after cancelling it and having Sims do something else.)

Message 18 of 46 (1,907 Views)

★★ Guide

"resetsim firstname lastname"

No need to save and reload.

Message 19 of 46 (1,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict, Not sure if this is related or not (so I apologize if it is not) but every time I have a Vampire drink from another Sim, the compel to drink action stays in the queue long after the Vampire has finished their meal.  Sometimes I have 2 of these in my queue if the Vampire has had more than one meal.  The action icon stays until I play again  (but I haven't tried to reset the Vampire like @99publicidentity suggested , so I'll have to try that! Wink ) It happens with every Vampire and I have no CC or Mods, and it was like this from day one. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 46 (1,876 Views)