Re: [OPEN] Garbage Commands and Llama Icons Stuck in Queue

by alanmichael1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i don't know how to explain this properly, and not sure if it's another example of the same issue. but when a Sim is ordering a drink and chatting to someone else, the bubble will change from the mixologist's face to that of the Sim they're talking to. it gets stuck there until the drink is ready and the "wait for drink" bubble disappears.

chatting, and "order drink" and "wait for drink" (i forgot to hover over them) appear queued.

1chat_queuedorderdrinkwaitfordrink.jpg

still chatting. queue moves as expected and "order drink" is the active bubble, along with "chat". (i'm hovering over "order drink".)

2chatwith_hoveringorderdrink_waitfordrink.jpg

same image as above, but showing the following bubble's text (i'm hovering, not cancelling) to clarify it's queuing properly so far...

3chat_orderdrink_hoveringoverwaitfordrink.jpg

all of a sudden... (hovering over "chat" to show bubble text.)

4hoveringoverchat_waitfordrink.jpg

...bartender's face has been replaced with the other Sim's (i'm hovering over "wait for drink"). it's the same image as above, as in, still chatting. but just to show the following bubble's text.)

5chatwith_hoveringoverwaitfordrink.jpg

then the bubble with the ordered drink's picture appears as expected, and the active Sim drinks it. and actually, both "fake bartender"'s bubbles disappear after that.

Message 21 of 46 (1,465 Views)

Hero

Do you have  picture you could add ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 46 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

edited. i think i made a mistake posting this here... because both bubbles with the other Sim's face (that replaced the bartender's) do disappear shortly after the active Sim is given the drink.

(edit: maybe not: the bubble that does get stuck for a little while is "wait for drink" with the "fake bartender"'s face. the bubble with "drink" on it and the picture of the ordered drink has already appeared as queued.)

Message 23 of 46 (1,453 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue basically since I installed Sims 4 (not long ago), and resetsim works... usually.

So basically, occasionally an action will get stuck in the queue. Could be anything, like claiming a bed or doing homework or whatever. And for most actions it doesn't actually affect the game or the sim at all, and I can get rid of it with resetsim. Also, sometimes, and I dunno if this is relevant or not, when a sim has been doing something that gets a Skills progress bar above their head (i.e. playing chess or working out) that progress bar doesn't go away after they stop but, again, resetsim works.

However, one of my Sims got 'take photo with John' stuck in her queue and now the game thinks it's taking a photo... so it won't let me save, or go to build mode, or travel, or anything really at all which means that I lose all progress since the last save. Please, someone tell me how to deal with this; I really don't want it to happen again.

Message 24 of 46 (1,428 Views)

★★ Expert
hmm. i can always exit the "take photo" screen by pressing ESC.
Message 25 of 46 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It hasn't actually gone to the 'take photo' screen though; that's half the problem. It just thinks it has. Also, I forgot to mention that pressing the esc key no longer opens the menu like it usually does, probably because the game thinks it's taking a photo. I can open the menu manually though (like, by pressing the button).

Message 26 of 46 (1,407 Views)

★★ Expert
the menu opens but you can't save?
Message 27 of 46 (1,403 Views)

Hero

Sounds like a different issue tbh. You will probably need to close down the game without saving

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 46 (1,392 Views)

★★ Expert
people posted about a similar issue to TS4 forums... starting back in 2016. problems were with selfies and photos to paint from reference with.
they *did* get to the photo screen, but were unable to exit after they snapped some. they ended up having to close the game, like @crinrict said. Frown
Message 29 of 46 (1,384 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Some days ago my vampire game was badly hit by the Cannot-save because-a-Sim-is getting-older bug. I lost three hours of gameplay. May it be that this bug is triggered by NPCs staying forever in your Sims' queue after compelling them to drink? I observed that indeed the portraits of the NPCs in the queue are aging up. 

Message 30 of 46 (1,345 Views)