by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Game saves even when I deliberately exit without saving

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Seasons, My First Pet, Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Exit a game without saving
What happens when the bug occurs? TS4 saves game even when I deliberately exited without saving
What do you expect to see? The game at the point I actually saved at several minutes before prior to exiting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2019 patch

In response to popular demand have posted the unwanted save part of my shadows active as sims with no sim present report of however long ago.  I leave it to the experts to move the game save replies over to here from there.  Am saying 100% up above thanks to the June patch making my TS4 game all but unplayable.  Any simming I do now is TS2 and TS3.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 6 of 20 (3,540 Views)

Re: Shadow performs sim actions with no sim present

★ Expert

Haven't had the shadow issue, however, I've also been experiencing saves when the game shouldn't. I also saved a new game, only to find that it saved beyond that point. I had been testing issues (after having just installed Cats and Dogs), fresh (vanilla) games. I thought it was an issue with the lot in Brindleton Bay (Tail's end), and so I moved my sims and was playing for a while- doing saves every now and again, and then had issues and so I clicked on 'exit without saving' (figuring I would go back to a non-buggy save point.... But, not only did I have to ctrl/alt/delete (and shutdown via task manager) but when I went back to my save game it was not the save I had done. The save was at the same point where the buggyness started. And, before it's asked- yes, I always save each save under a different file name. I never just click 'save game'.I always do 'save as' and name each one. And yes, I did the repair game in Origin.

Message 1 of 20 (3,641 Views)

EA Sims Team

@OldeSimsFan  @InfiniteVerve 

Do you encounter this often (while mods are not installed)?  Is there a specific action that seems to cause the unwanted saving?

Have you tried loading an older version of the save through the Main Menu?  (Load Game > Recover Save)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 20 (3,580 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not played since that happened.  I do know that it was the first 'let's go to the...' event a sim had since the patch.

The closest thing I know of to a trigger was the exiting the game without saving.  Almost as though what caused the 'phantom sim' had the game think it was supposed to save the game.  I just wanted out of the oddness, and remembered various postings that exiting and going back in resets sims.  Since I didn't save, was expecting to be back at the prior save, about 15 minutes human time before the sim went out to the opera.  The 'has a mind of its own' game had other ideas.

Message 3 of 20 (3,569 Views)

★ Expert
@SimQARobo This is a new issue, and it was 2 different vanilla games. I did notice that @OldeSimsFan mentioned exiting without saving. I always save game as, and then I click exit - and it has the pop up "do you want to exit without saving", and I always click yes- because I just saved.
Message 4 of 20 (3,551 Views)

EA Sims Team

@InfiniteVerve  @OldeSimsFan 

I see.  We can investigate, but there may be more info needed to pinpoint what is actually causing the unwanted saving.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 20 (3,530 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I was going to feed you guys a save file, but the site won't let me.  A few days ago checked the same game folder to find the save file to send on.  Again unlike in Sims 2, it was impossible to recognize what was what.  So went to the game itself, located the game save the problem happened in, loaded it to get a save with the then current date.  While there did another test of letting the sim do a little bit then exited without saving.  Went back in, and sim was at the exit point, not the start point, a repeat of the problem.   Exited completely out of everything to take care of other things needing doing.  Went back into the game later, loaded that particular game again and the sim was at start point. Saved that time so I could have an identifiable file.  It seems that the unsaved save exists only while one is in that particular gaming session.  In view of the oddness of it all am not sure if the save file would be of any use to you even if I could send it.

Message 7 of 20 (3,416 Views)

Hero
@OldeSimsFan You need to either create a .rar file (< 20 MB) or upload to google drive or one drive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,402 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@OldeSimsFan wrote:

While there did another test of letting the sim do a little bit then exited without saving.  Went back in, and sim was at the exit point, not the start point, a repeat of the problem.   Exited completely out of everything to take care of other things needing doing.  Went back into the game later, loaded that particular game again and the sim was at start point. Saved that time so I could have an identifiable file.

By "Exited completely out of everything", what exactly do you mean?

Message 9 of 20 (3,390 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Game saves even when I deliberately exit without saving

★★★★ Novice

I get this when I exit to "Manage worlds" instead of main menu or exiting game completely. I think mine is intentional though.

Message 10 of 20 (3,371 Views)